“Lunkers in the Inlet” 5 of 5 bubbles

Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 17 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captains Shannon Currie and Kerry Gehman have been fishing the Myrtle Beach area for over 30 years. Myrtle Beach is a great destination for pure family fun. We look forward to showing your group a great and relaxing fishing experience. All tackle and license are supplied, but you may bring your special rod and reel if you like. We are very family and Kid friendly. Anglers of all ages[ Should be 5 years or older for Fishing trips ] are welcome for some good Quality Family Fun on the waters along the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand Fishing or Cruising the waters of Murrells Inlet SC. We have a wide variety of trips from 1-6 persons. These are Private Charters , we Do Not mix or make up Groups. You should bring the following for your trip...Hats,sunscreen[ NO SPRAY PLEASE] sunglasses cooler with drink and food. If you bring your Camera you should have a Ziplock or case for protection. We are NOT responsible for ANY Cell Phones or Cameras getting wet from Water Damage. We reserve the right to cancel trips due to weather etc.
Omaha, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunkers in the Inlet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My stepson David, and I went fishing the afternoon of 9/4 with Capt. Kerry. In three hours David had landed 9 fish, one was a twenty six inch Red Drum. This was my 9 year olds first real fishing adventure, and it was a BLAST! David and I recommend Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters for a great time.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bruce W
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
First we thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your trip..sounds like you guys decided on a good day. I am lucky to have such a good Capt. as Capt. Kerry to work with. He is great with customers and he can catch fish too. We are also glad Trip Advisor has this forum for folks to help others looking for people they can trust to do their best while on Vacation like here in Myrtle Beach / Murrells Inlet SC. Thank you again for Fishing with us and hope to see you again..

Capt. Shannon Currie / Fishing Myrtle Beach / Murrells Inlet SC

Galesburg, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is our second trip with Capt. Shannon & Capt. Kerry and both times we were not disappointed. Capt. Kerry took us out this year and after a bit of searching we caught a nice size flounder. Towards the end of our trip he took us out to the jettie where we caught a variety of fish (sea bass, red drum and a couple of oyster toad fish). We were also fortunate enough to have a few dolphins swim around the boat and entertain us.
I would highly recommending booking a trip. it is a great time for the whole family.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gary H
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for Fishing with us. I thank you for taking the time to leave your review. So many people use Trip Advisor to make a good choice as in who they will fish,eat or golf....Thank you and it was our pleasure to show you a good time. Hope to see you and your group next year.. Capt. Shannon Currie, Fishing Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach SC
Inman, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Family Fishing Outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been on a number of these fishing excursions over the years -- despite bad fishing conditions -- we had a great time and a successful day! Highly recommend them, in fact we will be rebooking with them this year!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank davidhennessy1
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We thank you for Fishing with us in Murrells Inlet SC.. As much as I wish I could change the weather we all know there is nothing we can do but despite it all we tried and that's all we could do. Thank you so much for taking the time to say something positive and hope to see you again next year.. Thank you, Capt. Shannon Currie/ Myrtle Beach,Murrells Inlet SC Fishing..
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife, daughter and I fished the morning of July 17 with Capt. Kerry. We were in Litchfield for a week vacation. We were hoping to catch fish but were just happy to be out in the boat in one of our favorite areas. It was a great day. My wife and daughter had never fished much. The first two hours we were at low tide and all conditions were right with bait fish running but we came up empty. We were fishing hard. He moved us to just off the point of the jettie. Within minutes my daughter and wife started catching fish. They first caught a couple of small black bass, but then at the same time my daughter caught a 22" sea bass and my wife had a 30 inch red we had to put back. My wife caught 2 more 22 inch red. It was a great day and our Captain was just so good to be around. We had fish filets for supper. I want to go back. They work with kids as well as experienced and inexperienced fishermen and make everyone feel so comfortable. My family wants to thank them. Oh yes, I caught one, they caught approximately 10 in an hour.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank KathyGloria
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Well, first I would like to thank you and your family for fishing with us...We can only catch what they will allow us and when they are ready.... I am very Lucky to have a Captain such as Capt. Kerry to take care of such good customers. Fishing is just that..Fishing and sounds like you had a good time and that's what it is about.. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review,it means so much for people to talk about their trip for others to read. And a BIG thanks for Tripadvisor to have a great site for folks like you to express your like or dislike.....Thank you again, Capt. Shannon Sport Fishing....Murrells Inlet / Myrtle Beach SC
Hope Mills, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked with Captain Shannon because of a friend referral. I didnt know what to expect but after speaking with him on the phone i could tell he was the charter to take. I was impressed most of all with his honesty. Ive never actually had a Captain tell me he couldnt promise to get me on fish but what he did offer to give me was his professional best in trying to put me on fish and that impressed me. After all its "fishing" not "catching".
I knew from my friend that he was top notch. When i arrived he had a bigger charter group that he took out and linked me up with Captain Kerry. They have a system of working together and if one boat is on fish they immediately call the other so your actually fishing two spots at all times. The boats were quality and the equipment was up to date and even though the water wasnt ideal temps we still pulled in some nice reds! I apppreciate you and Cpt Kerry and enjoyed the experience. Thanks!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank aclegg14
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We were more than glad to have your group fish with us. I am Lucky to have a guy like Capt. Kerry working with me.. and it's always great to have folks that are understanding ..We look forward to having you come back to Murrells Inlet SC and fish with us.. Thank you, Capt. Shannon