Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 21 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captains Shannon Currie and Kerry Gehman have been fishing the Myrtle Beach area for over 30 years. Myrtle Beach is a great destination for pure family fun. We look forward to showing your group a great and relaxing fishing experience. All tackle and license are supplied, but you may bring your special rod and reel if you like. We are very family and Kid friendly. Anglers of all ages[ Should be 5 years or older for Fishing trips ] are welcome for some good Quality Family Fun on the waters along the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand Fishing or Cruising the waters of Murrells Inlet SC. We have a wide variety of trips from 1-6 persons. These are Private Charters , we Do Not mix or make up Groups. You should bring the following for your trip...Hats,sunscreen[ NO SPRAY PLEASE] sunglasses cooler with drink and food. If you bring your Camera you should have a Ziplock or case for protection. We are NOT responsible for ANY Cell Phones or Cameras getting wet from Water Damage. We reserve the right to cancel trips due to weather etc.
Evans, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fishing”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Thanks to Captain Shannon for a great time on our fishing trip. He was very patient with everyone and made sure we all had a good time. We caught lots of fish including a really nice 42-inch, 35+ pound redfish. I would definitely use Shannon again.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Brent L
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Your group was great to have on board. We did not catch a lot but we got what we were after..a few fish.!! We got a little of everything and I thank you for taking the time to leave your review. That big one went well over 40+ inches and was the trophy for the day.. Thank you.. Capt. Shannon

Seward, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks to Captain Shannon Currie and Catch-1 charters”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Had a vacation planned for Sept in the area with the other half and daughter. Thinking I do not want shopping to be the highlight of my vacation, and may need a break from it. I Goggled the area for fishing. I found Captain Shannon Currie and Catch-1 charters, along with 3 other charter boats. Sent out the same email to all of them, Captain Shannon replied to me within a few hours. Still waiting for two others to get back with me.
We planned for a morning trip. Sounded like it would be win-win, would give the women time to do what it is they do in the morning and I get to fish. Then we could meet back up in the afternoon to do things together.
As to be expected the weather was not going to cooperate with us on our planned dated and time. Captain Shannon called me and told me the fish had been turning on around 13:00 or so and asked if I could go the afternoon, a day earlier. Great choice, we meet around 11:30 talked about the fishing plan over a snack & glass of tea then hit the water about 12:00.
We had an awesome time; I was the only client on the boat, the others called to say couldn’t make out too bad for them. Netted some bait, and then dropped a couple of lines. It wasn’t long before “fish on”. The fish kept him busy running from one end of the boat to the other, we took photos as we could. There were multiple double hook ups, and one triple. In the end we counted thirty fish caught and released.
I highly recommend booking a charter with them you won't be sorry. He treats people the way he would like to be treated, and is client orientated. If you’re not happy he’s going to do what he can to fix it.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karey E
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
You are a FISHING MACHINE... Anyone else may have give up but you were able to change your day to fish and we got lucky.. Thank you for the kind words and thank Trip Advisor for this great site so others can leave details about their Vacation experience.....Look forward to another great trip with ya'. Capt. Shannon Murrells Inlet SC
“Top Notch”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A big thanks to Captain Shannon Currie and Catch-1 charters. He put us immediately on fish. We caught while others did not. I highly recommend booking a charter with them you won't be sorry. We'll be back!

Thank you Sir.. I hope we can have a little more time on the water when you come next year.. I think we would have done well .. You at least got a Pic with the little man and a fish..Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon...Capt. Shannon Murrells Inlet SC
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Fast and Furious”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We had an awesome time out in the inlet this morning. Capt. Shannon warned us that it might be slow due to all the rain, but he got us on a huge group of big reds. All of them were over 25 and most were well over 25. For about 2.5 hours, Capt. Shannon never got a break trying to keep us in the water during the bite. He worked hard to keep the rigs and rods ready for all 3 of us. Can't wait for another chance to visit and catch some more. Thanks Capt.

Visited August 2012
doc01, Owner at Catch-1 Charters - Capt. Shannon's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Nothing to it....when you got 3 PROS working the rods....Thanks so much guys for fishing with me this year and hope to see you again soon...Thanks, Capt. Shannon Currie
Bedford, Virginia
“A good man to fish with”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a great morning fishing with Cpt. Shannon. Didn't catch any fish, storm was moving in so we went early. He was great, gave a rebate on part of the cost for the boat. i am coming back in October. He is a good man!
Jim

Visited August 2012
Thank you for allowing me to get you out to try for the Red Drum...It has been a slow year but with a great crew we pulled another one off.....Thank you.. Capt. Shannon Currie