“Burgers and beer? It's all here”
Review of River City Cafe

River City Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: "it's all about the burger!" Seven area locations famous for great burgers, sandwiches, and appetizers. Full bar service, open daily for carry-out and casual dine-in seating.
North Carolina
“Burgers and beer? It's all here”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The wife and I always enjoy a trip to the River City Cafe. We've tried three locations but the one in Surfside Beach is our favorite. All have same good food

Personally I like the standard cheeseburger and an ice cold PBR here best. Nothing fancy but very well prepared imo. We've tried specialty burgers and w/ exception to the wing sauce on the buffalo chicken sammie (didn't care for) we've always had a great meal. Our neighbors love the turkey burger and it's on my list to try next. My only nit with some of the specilty burgers is they come piled 6" high and thats no small chore to take on.

Great seaside location in Surfside. Very casual. Menu may be limited for some but I never tire of fresh, well prepared burgers so I'm always happy here.

All the peanuts you can eat for free. Whats not to like.

• Visited August 2012

“What they do, they do very well!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We visited for lunch. We tried several different burger combinations and all were very good. In addition, we ordered a taco salad and rueben that were also very good. Even my grandson enjoyed his kid's meal. We enjoyed the ultra-casual environment and our server took great care of us. The only negative was the appetizers which we good but way overpriced. All in all, we were all very happy! We have a few more days in the area and I feel sure we'll return.

Charlotte, NC
“GREAT burgers...”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Small place with excellent food and service. We really enjoyed our meal here. A nice selection of different burgers at a decent price.

Visited August 2012
“Uncooked chicken”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Not a good experience at all! Our server was not attentive and my chicken sandwich took over 35min. When I started to eat it the chicken was raw in the middle. Server informed me this had already happened three other times that day. What?! It was taken off the bill and I still paid $16 for two drinks a side salad and fries. Horrible.

“One of our Surfside favorites”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We've eaten at River City for quite a few years now and it seems the quality of their food has been slowly declining. Grouper fingers have morphed into Mahi fingers (maybe there's a shortage of Grouper?) and they're not nearly as good. I had a burger for the first time ever this past visit, and I wasn't impressed at all. Meat was dry and chewy...I guess you have to order a really sloppy version if you want a moist burger. Service is usually quite good, and this visit was no exception. Not a bad option, but not as good as it used to be.

Visited August 2012