“Dolphin Excursion”

Blue Wave Adventures
Ranked #9 of 19 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Wave Adventures is the Original Dolphin Watch Tour in Murrells Inlet, SC. Our tours take you thru the salt marsh estuary and out into the ocean along the coastline. We specialize in finding our wild dolphin friends in their natural habitat. We are the only Dolphin Watch Tour that follows NOAA'S Dolphin Smart guidelines. In addition, we provide information on the dolphins, turtles, habitat and other critters we may see. Our Brand New Vessel, TURSI-OPS, was custom build to provide you with incredible viewing from every seat. All our seating faces forward and we have rasied seating in the back for excellent viewing. We are the only dedicated Dolphin Watch Tour in Murrells Inlet.
Columbia, MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Dolphin Excursion”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dolphins are not guaranteed on any trip. But on this trip we ran across a school of about 25-30. The spotter was eagle eyed as we thought we were going to come up empty and she saw the school about an 1/8 mile away. The captain and the mate are very professional, concerned with the safety of the passengers and very informative about the dolphins when you find them. They spent an extra 20 minutes beyond our 90 as we spotted the dolphins near the end of the tour. Family friendly and reasonably priced. Highly recommend this company.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jperf

Greensboro, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun but cold”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a fun tour. It was very cold. We did not see any dolphins but did enjoy the tour guide. Some of the riders sitting in the back of the boat got drenched so be prepared and dress warm.

Visited March 2013
Indian Trail, North Carolina
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Loved it.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We took this trip on our vacation last month to North Myrtle. It was about a 35 minute drive. We had 4 adults and two kids and we ALL loved it the same. The boat only had about 20 people on it, which is actually a good thing because you don't have to climb on people just to see the dolphins. It was really cloudy and did drizzle a little while we were out there, but I think that made it a little more bearable from the heat of August.
We got to see a LOT of dolphins and they came pretty close to the boat. The captain was entertaining, but not to the point of being annoying. He just explained everything and let us enjoy the beauty of the dolphins. I WILL say that it is REALLY difficult to get a photo though. I regret that I spent the trip trying to because it never happened. I probably could have done it with my DSLR camera, but I certainly couldn't bring THAT on a boat, so I pretty much got a couple of tail pictures and that was it. Just a tip to other people: Don't spend the trip trying to get a picture...you'll miss all the dolphins and will leave without a picture :D
If you love sea life, then you should def take this trip!!!

Visited August 2012
IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“You really see dolphins on this tour.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am always hesitant with animal attractions. I don't want animals to be mistreated or perform for my entertainment. The dolphins that we did see are truly wild. This was one of the highlight of our trip. Seeing the dolphins were awesome. the captain was very knowledgeable and helped point out dolphins. We had coupons that we found, we made it even better. Good value for what it is. The only negative thing I can think of is they really pack you in on the boat, at times it is hard to maneuver around. We had to be there one hour early before the cruise, but no one came out until 10 minutes before the cruise.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dandy07
Liberty Township, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun and great value!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The captain was great and we saw lots of dolphins. At $130 for 5 people (with coupons) this was the best deal of our trip and the most fun. Highly recommended!!

Visited July 2012