Capt. Dicks - Saltwater Marsh Adventure
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We were on a large boat with lots of people fishing. At the begaining on the trip the crew went around collecting money for a contest for who ever caught the most fish. Well we caught the most fish and were expecting a payday.
The crew made sure that all of the other guest had left before we received our prize, a CAPTIAN DICK TRUCKERS HAT. I put $5 into a pot for a hat that I wouldn't have given you a dollar for. Really!!!
Thanks for the scam CAPTIAN DICK.

15  Thank wise1Mo

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I can't find anywhere else to print this review so hope this is the place. the Dolphin watch no longer is operated by Capt.Dicks but by the Crazy Sister's Marina. Same boat though and they did honor the coupon from the Monster Coupon Book. We had a cruise of about 10 people so plenty of space on the pontoon like boat. We did find a few pods of dolphins, one with a baby. My husband spotted the first, I spotted the 2nd. though i am sure the captain would have seen them soon enough. We were not allowed to get too close because of the chance of disturbing their natural behavior but it was close enough to get good pics and see some of the dolphins individual details. I would do this tour again. It lasted about 1hour 45minutes.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I took my mom and dad who are around 90 years old and who wanted a sedate trip. Nothing was available except for the dolphin watch so I took it... seemed reasonable and fun. When my dad saw the boat he said he wouldn't get on it but I twisted his arm. Mark, the boat operator and Hannah were both personable and they were careful to explain all the safety measures. They warned us that they hadn't seen dolphins all week because they were likely following the shrimp boats. When we went out, Mark stopped to show us a big pod of rays and then he scooped out a jellyfish which was safe to touch. I didn't know they were as hard as coral inside!! Next Mark spotted sharks so we pulled over to see them. We didn't see dolphins but it didn't matter to us. It was a glorious hour and a half.
I think all ages would enjoy the proximity to the water, the breeze, the ups and downs over the "washing machine" area and the chance to see live animals up close without staring into a tank.
When we left for home, I asked dad what the highlight of his trip was. He said it was the dolphin watch tour!

5  Thank KBN_Guelph
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was a fun tour! It was very educational, even to us adults! Kids would love it as well. A covered pontoon boat that tours the marsh, offers a chance to do an hour of fishing and get off on an island to do your own scavenger hunt! Lots of fun!!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We took a tour on April 13th. It was very informational regarding the local area of Murrells Inlet and the guide was knowledgeable and funny. He gave us good tips on fishing to boot. The tour was also not that expensive, which I liked being that I am very frugal. Be prepared to walk around the beach.

We also saw dolphins, which the kids LOVED! And we didn't have to pay for the dolphin adventure. There were 3 of them!