“Great fun and marsh view”
Review of Bubba's Love Shak

Bubba's Love Shak
Ranked #32 of 147 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Located near the end of the picturesque marshwalk on Murrell's Inlet, Bubba's Love Shak is a perfect place to stop to take in an excellent view of the marsh along with exotic drinks and appetizers. The outdoor patio provides the best views including "Goat Island", along with many yachts, fishing and pleasure boats both docked and traversing through the narrow inlet. Live music this evening added to the beach life ambiance. On our evening visit (4/11/13) the four of us enjoyed ice cold buckets of beer, two appetizers, fresh oysters on the half shell and Bling Bling Shrimp (lightly fried shrimp with a sriracha pepper sauce. Fish tacos, shrimp and grits, blackend grouper and grilled fantailed shrimp were our entrees. All were very fresh and typically prepared. We look forward to many happy returns to Bubba's.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Was a little unsure about eating there because there are several large and newer looking restaurants in the area. We decided on Bubba's Love Shack because it looked like it had a friendly appeal. When we opened the door to enter, from the boardwalk, there was a large fire burning in the fireplace and it felt really nice at the time. Lots to choose from on the menu, I asked about the Shrimp and grits dinner, because the first time I tried the dish in Charleston I didn't think much of it. The waitress said she was also not a big fan of shrimp and grits, but she likes the dish that is served here. I took her up on that and ordered shrimp and grits. It was great! I won't act like a food critic, but it is a dish I would order again, and again. Highly recommend it. Maybe you tried shrimp and grits and though it wasn't much, try it at Bubba's Love Shack. It will change you forever. Sharing the love Bubba.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I live locally and used to love to go to Bubba's. We were there the other night and it took 30 mins to get a drink, the fish taco has one thumb size piece of fish on it and the worst thing was we were asked to leave! The night manager actually asked us to leave because we overstayed our welcome.
We got to our table at 6:30, my friend and I had not seen each other in awhile, we were excited about it and it was her first time at Bubba's. I can pretty much guarantee she won't be back. I've never been asked to leave a table because we had overstayed our welcome, especially when tables were available and there was NO line. I spent $30.00 that night on drinks and food, I tip VERY well and I'm very disappointed in Bubba's service and food! Pass the next time someone suggests eating there!

6  Thank Inletgal
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We did the Marsh Walk, and of all the stops, this was our favorite. The music was upbeat, the drinks were awesome, and the staff that we came in contact with were top notch. Tyler, the bartender, was very friendly, and was really entertaining. We got to hear stories about the barback Jose dressing up as Elvis, and Bubba himself even came down to pay a visit. We were snacking our way down the walk, and we had the Bling Bling Shrimp, and they were good. We loved the bright atmosphere, and this seems like a great place for all ages. By the time we left, we felt like family.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Dont waiste your time here. You could get better food at McDonalds. We had shrimp and oysters. The drinks were 15 minutes wait and the food was 30 minutes and it wasnt even busy. Yucky food and half cooked with cold fries. To top it off they had the nerve to serve me a wilted salad which i promptly sent back.

6  Thank MoniqueR731