“Great oysters!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Murrells Inlet for at least the past 6 summers and finally decided to try Bubba's for lunch today instead of our usual places. Great choice! Can't beat the fried oyster lunch special. I'm fussy about my fried foods, don't like heavy batter and hate it when they are greasy neither of which you'll find here. Also, very fussy about my onion rings....the BEST I've had in a long time were at Bubba's. Fun atmosphere right on the beautiful marsh. We'll definitely be back to Bubba's next summer.

1  Thank gmkathy2

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Really cool place. You can sit inside, but with all the windows open, it's like being outside. Reminded us of the Florida Keys, without the chickens wandering around. It's on the water and the Murrell's Inlet Marsh Walk is right outside. We had drinks and they were really good. We didn't eat there, so we can't rate the food.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The lunch special can't be beat: $8.99 for a platter of oysters, or shrimp, or fish. Oysters (very lightly breaded) were some of the best we've had. And they came with enough french fries to outfit a small stand! The cole slaw was nice, too, but I wish the portion could have been larger.
We also had the tuna salad. The piece of tuna on it was wonderfully prepared. But for $15 we'd expected a larger amount of greens and other fresh stuff. The quality was fine, just skimpy.
Our server seemed to lament working rather than talking on her phone, but she was responsive when we flagged her down.
We were pleased that there was a selection of micro and specialty brews as well. We'll come back!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My friends and I had a great time 'just hangin' out' at Bubba's. Great laid-back atmosphere. Has everything you want when you're in the area ~ Food, Beverages, View, Fun. See you there.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Easy going relaxed atmosphere with friendly and accomidating staff. Nicely decorated with a beach theme and full of LOVE!