“"The Best Thing I Ever Ate"”

Poppy's Burgers and Subs
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Poppy's Burgers and Subs is my #1 Myrtle Beach favorite! The Chicken Bacon Ranch & Philly Steak Subs are delicious. Their onion rings are perfectly crunchy! They offer an array of food options from salads, wraps, subs, hot dogs and burgers to fried peanut butter & jelly sandwiches & Frickles (fried pickles). Their Fried Nutter Butters are out of this world! It is quite possibly the best dessert I have ever had! Food Network needs to send somebody to Poppy's so the rest of the world doesn't miss out on this good food:) Oh, don't forget to try their fried Oreos & fried chocolate cake! The owners are super nice. The service is great! You'll love it!!!

1  Thank luv4matty

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Could not believe that with all the nice restaurants in Murrells Inlet, that a fast food burger joint is in the #3 spot on TA. My husband wanted to try it so we ordered a burger and a French dip both with fries. The meat on my French dip was so salty I couldn't eat it, the au jus was very greasy. My husbands burger was nothing special, overcooked and very small compared to the bun. Other reviewers say it is better than Five Guys, I disagree. The fries were good and the people were really nice and working very hard. We will try it again.

4  Thank localgal10
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Spent the morning at Huntington Beach and went to Poppy's for lunch. Super friendly and great food. We had burgers and subs. We even tried the deep fried oreos which were very good. Very reasonable prices. Why eat at McDonalds when you can eat at a local business. Casual beach attire is fine. Owners very personable. Overall, GREAT!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I just went to Poppy's for the first time tonight instead of Five Guys! It was well worth it! The burger was soo much better than five guys. We will be going to Poppy's from now on. The service was great. Everyone was so nice.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Poppy's is not just burgers & subs. For all you that like to eat healthy...their salads are to die for. You gotta try em'. We've tried almost the whole menu and it's all great!! Deep fried oreos for dessert!!!