“Alligators and Atalaya”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Alligators and Atalaya”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were staying at Myrtle Beach State Park so we did not have to pay admission to get into the park. We visited this park because we wanted to see the alligators and tour Atalaya. We enjoyed both. We saw alligators as soon as we entered the park. These are wild unconfined alligators. One crossed the road while we were walking to the viewing area. Please be careful. There were beautiful birds as well. We paid $2 per person to tour Atalaya. It was fun to walk through this bit of history.

Syracuse, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Clean and beautiful. Well maintained and the beaches are away from high rises and traffic. Education center was nice and docks are well maintained.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Huntingdon Beach State Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you cannot keep your adrenaline level maxed out while you are vacationing the Myrtle Beach area, travel south to Huntingdon Beach State Park in Murrell's Inlet. There you will find a pristine beach with NO condos, bars or amusement piers. Ocean, sand and tree lined walking paths are the main attractions of this oasis. Off the beach itself there are outdoor showers and clean restrooms.
When you drive over the causeway to get the picnic grounds and beach area, you may see some alligators sunning themselves. Resist the urge to stop in the middle of the road to take pictures. There is a parking area reserved for camera toting enthusiasts.
BTW The rangers are serious about not feeding the alligators.

3 Thank Madeline103119148
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I live close to Huntington I usually don't write about locations close to home because I feel I'm not looking at it from a tourists point of view but I thought why not so here it goes..I would highly recommend this location to locals and tourists alike the entire environment is clean and kept very neat from the beach to the bathrooms the store has items that you may have forgotten, not to mention a few that will make your stay even more enjoyable (like ice cream :) I always find the rangers and staff to be helpful and friendly just a heads up if you brought a kayak or rent one you are in for a treat right next to the park (attached) is the "oyster recycling" don't let the name fool ya it's a dirt road that leads to a wide open haven for fishing and boating (country style:) I go there kayak fishing almost 3-4 times a month I catch flounder and once a hammerhead sand shark if you do not have a kayak there are many rental locations that will bring them to you. To summarize Huntington Beach State Park is a great way to vacation alone or with the kids with many great things to see and do and friendly staff I hope you get a chance to enjoy the fun! :)

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A relaxing place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I love the relaxing atmosphere of the private beach. Living here, I have a year round pass, so that rather than trying to fight the crowds, i can go the this quite beach. This is also a great place to go biking and to see nature. Castle Atalya is also located here. They have guided tours each day so anyone interested in learning about local culture should definitely take a trip here.