“Relaxing and good food”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Our family went last night after briefly looking at reviews...I read that it was rustic with excellent food, and that was true, but it was a little too refined...we were looking for casual, local, and hopefully inexpensive. What we got was excellent service, really good food in a nice atmosphere, but we felt underdressed and our bill for 4 entrees and 2 salads was $132 before tip. We all drank water. If you are looking for a nice dinner and wine or drinks, I don't think you can go wrong. All our dishes were delicious and perfectly prepared with a view towards local catch or locally grown. A fun place, but not for kids.

1  Thank phoeberly
There are newer reviews for Bliss Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had the sirloin and the surf and turf. It was perfectly cooked. The restaurant was really nice and since we just had two, we say in a nice quiet little cubby. The menu selection was not very extensive, but there were selections from steak to seafood to meatloaf. Some people may think the prices were a little high, but I think you have to pay for a quality meal sometimes. Our bill for the two of us was 65$.

1  Thank Donnaplusrod
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had heard nice remarks about Bliss and decided to try it on Mother's Day. Brunch menu is very limited. Restaurant is very dark and when we requested another table or booth (and there empty ones) we were told they were all reserved. We did have reservations. Husband had shrimp scampi and requested bread for the sauce-told they do not have bread. WOW! What restaurant does not have bread.
Only plus-server was pleasant and efficient. Actually have a certificate from Restaurant.com which I will exchange.

1  Thank Judy B
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had read several opposing reviews on this restaurant . . . we decided to go there anyway on a Thursday evening. Our party of four had two couples. We were greeted cordially by our Randall our waiter and seated promptly. Drinks were ordered and served as we perused the menus which were adequately described by our most courteous waiter. Salads were served, attention was paid to our table as additional servings of bread and butters arrived without asking. The appetizers of Crabstuffed Shripms and She Crab Soup set the tone for the entire dinner!! Comment on the Buffalo Meatloaf was "best meatloaf I have ever tasted!" Seared Flounder "I would order that again anytime!" Shrimp and Grits "flavorings were phenomenal - delicious!. Shrimp Scampi (not picture) was very good. Presentation was exceptional and very professional. Serving sizes were more than adequate even though they all were from the Special Early Bird menu. Desserts will have to wait for another occasion as we were all quite filled and satisfied. For some reason I decided to use my iphone and captured the attached pictures of our entrees.

I do not know where they hid the "rude" waiters and staff -perhaps I made a wrong turn - but I can assure you our time spent was most enjoyable and we are awaiting the opportunity to return to this "Bliss" of a dining experience.

2  Thank ezdavie
Reviewed May 2, 2014

While the food was quite good, the rather high brow menu didn't go with the barn decor. We stopped in after a cocktail party, but neither of us was starving. Kitchen and wait staff were both very accommodating in splitting the pear salad and the NY strip steak. Salad was halved and placed on two plates as was the steak and the accompanying vegetables. I was a bit worried when I ordered the steak "Pittsburgh," and the waiter didn't know what that meant. The chef obviously did, however, as it was cooked to perfection. Overall very good service and food. Could us a few more wines by the glass, but wine it's was extensive.

1  Thank Ed F