“Fantastic View, Food and Service”

Bovine's Wood Fired Specialties
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Absolutely fantastic restaurant and bar. Great food, great view, great service and prices for an upscale place. Check it out.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our party of 5 was treated to a fabulous dinner, view and wonderful service. The 5th person was a last minute addition and the hostess handled it smoothly. They have a large pub with TVs and high top tables where you also have a great view of the Marsh. The dining room is tastefully decorated and we sat at a window table. Until it grew too dark to see, the view was amazing. This is a great place to either start your walk of the Marsh Walk or to end it. They also have outdoor dining on the side of the restaurant and there was a live band performing. Although other diners commented on the salad bar, we found it to be well stocked with a wide variety of fresh items. 2 of our party ordered the Fish of the Day which was grilled or blackened swordfish. It was perfectly seasoned and cooked, just melted in your mouth! One of the party ordered pork chops and was very pleased. One ordered Fried Shrimp which were local and lightly breaded and were delicious. The last item ordered was the Shrimp and Grits and they were also enjoyed by the diner. All portions were generous and all included the salad bar. Some also included the corn pudding, which was deliciously sweet. Service was excellent and they take reservations which was the reason we chose to dine there. We will be back.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We were here all week on vacation and came to Bovines on our last night. We have always enjoyed it on previous visits but saw some negative reviews snd thought maybe they had slipped. Not the case. After a week of seafood we felt like having beef. I had filet mignon with lump crab and Bernaise sauce. It was cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. Garlic mashed potatoes were delicious and definitely not instant. My husband had the NY sirloin and he also loved his meal. All entrees come with corn pudding which we loved.
Salad bar comes with the meal and has a good selection of items and dressings.
The menu also offers seafood and wood grilled pizzas.
Prices are lower than others in the area and quality is much better.
Give it a try if you want a very nice dining experience.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were in Murrells Inlet for two nights. We decided to try Bovine's for their wood fired pizza.
Our server Ola was very friendly and accommodating. My husband ordered the Steak & Potato pizza and I created my own with bacon, pepperoni and black olives.
Both were very good! Even though they are supposed to be "personal size" pizzas, we only ate
half of each and brought the rest home.
I can only recommend the pizzas from this restaurant!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have traveled to Myrtle Beach SC many times over the years and always went to Murrells Inlet to eat during our vacation. We always ate at various seafood places there. This time we were wanting steak maybe and got a recommendation from our desk clerk at motel. I have to tell you that as soon as you walk in the door the good aroma is overpowering. My sister had a ribeye steak and I chose the blackened swordfish. I have been to many many restaurants but never had food this good. If you are in the area please give it a try. I promise you will not be sorry.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place is great! Everyone that worked there was very polite respectful and couldn't have been nicer. We asked to be seated outside on the deck when calling for a reservation and although the hostess said they couldn't reserve the outside seating she snagged us the best table out on the deck with the most gorgeous view. The waitress was the sweetest girl with the best service. The meal was outstanding, great portions and the salad bar was an amazing addition. We were well taken care of for sure. I will definitely be dining there anytime I am in Murrells Inlet!