“Friends dinner night”

Bovine's Wood Fired Specialties
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Absolutely fantastic restaurant and bar. Great food, great view, great service and prices for an upscale place. Check it out.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Friends dinner night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

it was ok , I had pork chops that were good , service was fine and thats all i have to say it appears very family friendly to.

1 Thank bigolhog

Hartland, Michigan
“Bovine Scatology”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

So after walking around Murrells Inlet and finding the wait times were all about one hour plus, we decided to try Bovine's since the wait was only 15 minutes.

After being seated we waited 25 minutes (no exaggeration) for the waitress to come by for drink orders. Then another 15 minutes to get the drinks. We ordered and tried the filthy dirty salad bar which included a view into the equally filthy dirty kitchen.

My wife ordered the filet mignon which was over cooked and like show leather. The waitress brought a replacement which was even worse.

What a waste of $100. I don't think the management/owner gives a crap since most folks coming in are visitors. Bovine's gets their money and they don't have to worry about return customers since there is a steady stream of new people coming in daily.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank FLYIFR
charlotte, nc
“Stay away from the pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Salad bar was good though you could taste that the salad was bagged. My sons cheeseburger was really good. The pizzas were lacking. Poor quality ingredients, and a lack of seasoning were the main issues. For example, the margherita pizza had chewy mozzarella chunks, tomatoes that looked and tasted like your average grocery store tomatoes, and was dripping in olive oil. One piece had nothing on it at all. Our server was a nice kid but had too many tables. ,we waited 15 minutes for the check and another 20 for them to run the credit card. I won't go back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN!!! It is more like a frat house than a restaurant. We were traveling with another family and we made reservations for Bovines. They didn't have our reservation so they sat us in the bar. To make a long story short there was a disgustingly rude drunk "local" at the bar. He was swearing, making rude gestures and acting like he was in a frat house. We complained to the manager who agreed the man was out of control. He assured us he would ask him to leave. Instead the manager asked a waitress to tell him to leave and then she proceeded to tell the man that we were the table who wanted him to leave. To make a long story short the man then tried to pick a fight with my husband in front of our two young children. One of whom was so scared he began to cry. The manager was hiding and I had to go and get him to have him ask the man to leave. The waitress put my family and friends in danger. The manager was a coward. And the owner will not return my calls. I would never take my family into such a dangerous environment ever again.

3 Thank tricia5628
North Haven, Connecticut
“Wait service okay, disappointed with food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a group of seven and didn't have to wait long for seating. Our waitress was friendly and quickly brought drinks and took our order promptly. After that it was downhill all the way. We proceeded to the salad bar and the lettuce looked limp and discolored. After quite a wait our food arrived.. The swordfish special I had ordered was only 3/8 of an inch thick and totally dried out as was the baked potato. My husband ordered the beef brisket sandwich, which he described as mostly bread and tasteless. On the positive side my daughter felt that the crab cake sandwich was good. All in all a disappointment and would not return.

• Visited August 2013