“Disappointed.... Again.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First experience was a couple years ago. Food was OK, but when a waitress, not our original server, delivered our food I asked for a refill on my tea. She blantently told me she was not my server and walked away. I was astounded. All she had to do was smile and nod and tell our server to get on the ball.
Recently I understood there were new owners? So I made the mistake of giving them a second shot. The bread was NOT good NY style bread. It reminded me more of the stale bunny bread I became accustomed to in third grade when my mother went through a midlife crisis and dad had to make my school lunch.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I often order breakfast sandwiches for take over the phone. Everytime, they will ask "on a seeded roll?"- So I reply yes,-It never comes on one. Then why ask??? Upon paying for the takeout, it was suppose to be 4 cents with my other monies to pay for it. It's NO big deal but, I had given 14 cents as I sorted the change out. The cashier, put the 10 cents aside and tossed it into the draw after counting out my change. I know it's only 10 cents, however, it's the principle. I usually order $20-$50 worth of deli meats and salads often. IT WILL BE A LONGTIME BEFORE I RETURN.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

You travel around and see ny pizza, ny deli, ny this and that and are continually disappointed. THIS, MY FRIENDS, IS THE REAL DEAL! Great sandwiches, and unbelievable salads (potatoes, macaroni, etc). The service and staff are the best. And they serve beer! C'mon folks....get down there!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

After reading previous reviews, glad I waited till now before trying. Evidently the newer owners know what they are doing. We had an excellent lunch which was enhanced by asking questions about the menu. Excellent customer service!

Yes, it is a deli. Most people won't read this - don't care. Its good!

Reviewed June 4, 2011

New Owners as of March 1. Real New York style deli. Great selection of salads and sandwiches! Menu is 100 times better than old one. Beat ruebens on the beach. Don't forget to get the rice pudding for desert. Great family from Long Island are new owners.