“Best seafood deal this side of Calabash!”

Driftwood's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 139 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Columbia, SC
“Best seafood deal this side of Calabash!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

First things first--it has a Murrells inlet address, but it's NOT on the Inlet. In fact, it's pretty far away. But the food is just as good and the prices are far better.

Make sure you get a side salad--the dressings seem to be homemade. In fact, if the plates were chilled, I would say the salads are perfect.

The broiled red snapper was fabulous!

Avoid the Key Lime pie, though--it was served at room temperature and was Food Service quality.

Visited July 2014

Eastern NC
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My friend and I wanted local seafood in Myrtle Beach and we found this place on the internet. We shared a seafood platter for two and could not get over how wonderful this food was. Our waiter was wonderful, kept our glasses full and was very friendly to us two senior women. We couldn't finish all of our food, there was so much of it. It was cooked to perfection. Restrooms were clean, service was great - this place is in a small shopping center, one you would hardly notice but be sure to get there early because everyone knows this is the best place to eat in this area and you will be waiting. They have early bird specials through the week. I've taken my husband there twice since my first trip and we have never been disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
South Carolina
“missed again”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

decided to give this place one last chance, I could of gone to some other place and had better, first of all, I wasn't made to feel welcome, since I was dining alone maybe that was the case, I got the early bird special, the Ice tea was good, the catfish was good, the French fries were wimpy and greasy, the green beans were covered in grease I exchange that for apple sauce, I wanted a salad but was informed that would of been a 2.00 up charge, the applesauce like in most places was served plain and tasted like it came out of a can. then while I was using the restroom, I left about 1/4 of my dinner left, the table was cleared off except for my I tea. then the waitress informed me, I get free desert with the early bird special, the key lime pie was sour. I told her I wasn't done eating, and she said I thought you were since most people who use the restroom are usually done eating, I told her I wasn't I'm a slow eater to begin with, and when you drink Ice tee,it makes you go, so now I guess when I eat out I will just have to write a sign saying do not clear off table unless you know I'm done, this isn't the only establishment I have gone to that has cleared off the table. I ate alone because my husband was working a double and I wanted to treat myself to a good dinner. wrong again. I will not be going back...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank travelerKandK
Erlanger
“Great Shrimp and Scallops!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is our first time at this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. The food, portions, atmosphere were all great. We had the Driftwood platter for two and the shrimp and scallops were the best we'd ever had! The portion you receive for the price is outstanding. I don't think we will eat seafood anywhere else but here when we visit myrtle beach. It's a little off the coast but it is worth it to come here. This is also our first review of any kind and felt this place was well deserving of a great one! They have all you can eat crab legs tomorrow starting at 4pm (when they open) and we are coming back. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2014
Rochester, New Hampshire
“Off the Beaten Path but Truly Great Food”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I shouldn't tell you about this place to keep the crowds down, but the she crab soup and cheap all-you-can-eat snow crab legs make this place a must stop. It's in a strip mall a few miles inland. Eat here and you will thank me for my review.

Visited May 2014