“Good Food Always” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driftwood's Seafood & Steak Restaurant

Driftwood's Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 131 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Livingston, New Jersey
“Good Food Always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Found this place by reading the reviews of others. It's a great place mostly used by locals away from grandstrand on 707. The food was always on the money. I had fish (red snapper, grouper and flounder) the 3 times I ate there and was quite pleased. Oysters on the halfshell were also plump and fresh. Very reasonable pricing. Early Bird specials for those who dine early. Family atmosphere. Definitly a good place to eat if your in the Surfside/ Myrtle Beach area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

After a quick weekend at the Beach I realized I hadn't had seafood yet. Didn't want to leave without scallops and I found them here. I use a few search apps looking at reviews. Many about crab legs but this one had mention of scallops. I went at lunch which was well priced with good portions. As any scallops lover would do when dining alone and the option to split the portion between fried and broiled I ordered one of each. Fried were the best hands down. Cooked to perfection. Loved theses. The broiled were also cooked correctly but were overpowered with seasoning. So unnecessary as the butter and garlic were right on. I would order again but ask for no shakers. Grilled asparagus and a melt in your mouth loaded baked potato rounded out the meal. The small hot hushpuppies served at each table were a treat that I started and ended the meal with. Plenty of honey butter on the table. Yummy! Give it a try...I will again

Apex, North Carolina
“RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Driftwood had been a regular spot for great crab legs when in Murrells Inlet, SC, but on our last visit in January, we were treated so rudely by the wait staff AND MANAGER that I have vowed to never return. Their food is good, but I will not tolerate being berated and called a thief and then have to pay for my meal!
So here's the situation, my step mother and I took 4 children with us on all you can eat crab leg night. She and I both ordered all you can eat crab legs. Knowing that the kids would want some, she ordered a child's plate of crab legs (not all you can eat). She and I both ordered one additional plate of crab legs. I probably would have gone for a 3rd had the following not happened. The waitress approached the table and informed my step mother that she could not share her crab legs with the kids. She explained that she had not, but was only assisting them in cracking their legs open. The waitress scoffed and left the table. Shortly their after the manager approached the table and said the same thing. She again explained that she had ordered the kids their own plate and were only assisting them with opening theirs. The manager continued to argue with her and me (as I had to defend her). At that point, I was so pissed, we couldn't get out of their fast enough. We did not do anything wrong, we ordered a plate for the kids, and you NEVER argue with a customer! If we had each ordered multiple plates of crab legs, I could see how he might think that we were sharing, but in fact we were not. I still get pissed thinking about it.
It's a shame because they did have good crab legs!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank KDZ0510
Bedford, Virginia, United States
“Great meal for local seafood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great local seafood. Very fresh. Just the way i remember from my early visits to the coast. They also have good entries besides seafood which was great for us since my wife is not a seafood fan. She had a great steak and sweet potato. Will definitely go there again.

Visited May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Another Discovery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

While staying at Surfside Beach, we heard about a very nice seafood place that wasn't on the water, was located in a small shopping center, and was quite busy. Deciding to try it, the first thing we noticed as we approached was that the parking lot was nearly full. Arriving in the early evening, we ordered from the nice selections on the early bird menu. I had the shrimp and scallops and my wife had the shrimp. Part of the special included a very nicely prepared salad and a vegetable. While these specials are not fancy, the seafood was done just right and was a nice portion. Only when we were through did the waitress ask us what dessert we would like as part of the special. The Key Lime pie was homemade -- and excellent. Give Driftwood's a try!

Visited April 2014