“Great even during the storm”
Review of K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille - CLOSED

K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Rode down to the waterfront just before a storm front came through the area. In the beginning several groups of people were bravely sitting on the outside river front deck. Once lightening struck in the immediate area, they wisely came inside prior to the oncoming deluge.

The corn & clam chowder as well as the fried oysters were very tasty. Son-in-law thought the fish sandwhich was a little over done. The peanut butter pie is great. All in all, a nice little bar and grille in a beautiful, relaxing location.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Party of 12 (6 kids) for lunch, really enjoyed the location and the food. We ate outside and really enjoyed the boats and view of the river.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family and I really enjoyed K-Rae's! Reasonable prices and attentive staff. We loved sitting out on the back deck and watching the sun set over the waterway. This marina restaurant is superb! Highly recommend and will go back. Best fried pickles we've had in South Carolina!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have not been here since it was Hannah B's. The fish and chips(usually Friday's special) is still yummy. The shrimp chowder is spicy, but good. I love to sit outside. We will go back again. They charged about 3 bucks for my little one's milk...which was almost as much as my wine! Still fun.

KRB46, Owner at K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Good Evening,
I am so glad to hear that you still enjoy the food and the atmosphere. I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the "value" and the kids milk comes in a 16oz cup and the $3 includes tax. I will certainly check around to see what other restaurants charge as that was the price when I took over and honestly never thought to check it. If in fact that is high ( I don't have little children so not sure what the normal price is) I will most definitely fix that. Thanks so much for taking the time to send in your positive thoughts. Have a great night!

K-Rae 8-)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Good food. Good service. Great view. Poor customer service. I would recommend that you use cash only here. I paid my bill with a debit card and left tip in cash. When my card cleared the bank it had an additional $10.33 charge. I went back to try and clear this up without having to go thru my bank, the lady that claimed to be the manager was rude and not very helpful. She said the waitress probably put the amount in at the end of the day by MISTAKE, it was almost to say that this happens often. She did not have time for me because she was busy. She did tell me what I could do to try and fix it but it meant me doing a lot of leg work. Turned it over to my bank to handle. So much for the customer is always right.

2  Thank Rick M

Dear Sir,
I am the owner of K-Rae's and the "manager" you are speaking of. When you came in on Wednesday it was during our busy lunch rush and it was extremely windy and a storm was coming so I was also trying to help take our tents down. When you explained what had happened and showed me your copy of your credit card receipt showing the blank "tip" line I tried to explain that it may have been entered onto the wrong credit card at the end of the night when the server was entering all of her tips at once, which is a requirement of our register system. Does this happen every so often? Yes. Are the servers human and when it's busy, tend to make a mistake? Yes. Just like in every restaurant, it happens. With 85% of our sales in credit cards now, it is bound to happen more often than we'd like. The few times it has happened, the customer has made me aware of the situation, shown me a copy of the slip and their bank statement and I've taken care of it immediately. When I tried to explain to you that I needed your bank statement to see the amount of the overcharge, you became somewhat frustrated with me telling me I wasn't understanding what you were saying. You made it clear several times that you made a "special" trip here to straighten out the matter and I wasn't being very helpful. Again, I explained that all I needed was the bank statement showing me that you were charged an extra amount and I would happily take care of it. You said I was being "defensive" and again reminded me of the "special trip" you made to clear up the matter. You then told me in a not so nice manner that you would just take your slip, call your bank and never come back here again. When I again apologized for the inconvenience and explained that, as soon as you showed me the actual extra charge on your account, you became visibly upset and again, in a louder voice, informed me that you would go through the hassle of dealing with your bank and would never come here again. Obviously you wanted me to just hand you the extra charge in cash. That's not how it works unless you have the statement showing me that you actually were charged that amount. I tried to explain, I even apologized for speaking slower because yes, I am from the North and I tend to talk so fast that my own family can't understand me. You did not get the result you were looking for and instead of trying to understand where I was coming from, you got upset and vowed to never come here again. A simple copy of your statement would have fixed this minor issue in minutes. So I am sorry that you feel you were treated poorly but according to the staff and customers that were present for this "situation", I tried everything to explain to you in a calm and professional manner and that wasn't good enough for you. So if you choose to not come here again, that is your god given right. However, please remember, 99% of all restaurants use a computer register system and mistakes will happen and there are proper channels to fix them of which you are unaware. Have a great night.