“Fantastic restaurant, great staff and great view”
Review of K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille - CLOSED

K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Reviewed November 12, 2013

You can't beat K-Rae's on the Waterway for the most relaxing of afternoons. Their outside deck is fantastic and watching the boats go by is the best. The staff is so welcoming and the food is amazing. I try to get to this place as many times as I can.

KRB46, Owner at K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thanks so much for the great review. We too love people and boat watching from the deck and love when our customers enjoy it with us. So glad you like it here as much as we do. Look forward to seeing you again soon! 8-) Have a great day!

There are newer reviews for K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visited K-Rae's for lunch this past week. Must say as a local and food aficionado I was impressed, delighted, and more than satisfied with my dinning experience. All aspects of K-Rae's hit the metaphorical "home run" for me. The view is absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. The picturesque view of the late afternoon sunset was a better companion than most dates I've been on lately. As a server at another local hot spot I am always eager to enjoy playing the guest for a change. That being said, my service was impeccable. My server Jen was attentive, convivial, and knowledgeable. Great service should never be taken for granted and the staff at K-Rae's succeeds in meeting all your needs. Speaking of going the "extra mile" the GM at the restaurant whose name is Brad puts the hospitality in southern hospitality. Brad never missed a beat. He even invited himself to sit and converse with my brother and myself. Brad seemed to enjoy making sure we had the most enjoyable visit to the restaurant. He was humorous, dedicated, and the perfect face of a young professional. Instead of merely going through the motions as a manager, Brad was the motion. His spirit of eagerness really made my dinner that much more ideal. As far as the food, I must say all was superbly delicious. Must start with the shrimp and corn chowder. No doubt an ode to New England cuisine. It was tasty and timeless. I opted for the Chicken Parm dinner. Healthy portion, homemade, and worth every savory mouthful. With me, there seems to be always room for a little dessert. At their recommendation I finished with Peanut Butter Pie. All I need say is I did the right thing. What a decadent capstone to dinner. Look forward to returning soon. I wish the staff at K-Rae's all the success in the world. Take it from me, they deserve it.
Lou, Murrells Inlet, SC

1  Thank Louis A
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great food,reasonable prices, excellent service and a breathtaking view. What more can you ask for? I recommend that you time your visit there with the sunset. Great photo-op.

1  Thank Sandygirl2225
KRB46, Owner at K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! The entire staff works very hard to make everyone that visits our little slice of heaven a great experience and it's always nice to hear positive feedback and know that they are doing a great job! Thanks again, have a GREAT day and hope to see you again soon! 8-)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went on a airboat ride and found this great place at the marina. Sat outside by the water for a succulent lobster roll, along with great, friendly service and fair pricing. Everyone in the place said hi and smiled. At the very end of wauchesha street. We'll go back soon

1  Thank Robert B

Thanks so much for the great review! We are all so happy you enjoyed your visit with us. The staff works very hard to try to give everyone a great experience and I'm so happy you were able to be here to appreciate it. Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I always like to try different places to eat and when we found out that K-Rae was from Massachusetts we knew we had to check the place out as we to are from Mass. We sat out on the back deck with an Amazing View of the waterway and watched boats traveling by. We were promptly greeted by our server who suggested a few of her "Favorites"....she had more than a few. Taking her advice I ordered the Italian Grinder and my husband the French Dip...Let me tell you those were 2 of the BEST Sandwiches we have EVER had !!!! There was also music playing which added a nice touch to the already relaxing atmosphere under that beautiful Giant Cypress tree...Our overall experience was wonderful and enjoyable, service was fantastic...this will def be a place we frequent for lunch and dinner !!!!

KRB46, Owner at K-Rae's Waterway Bar & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you so much for the GREAT review. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience! We hope to see you again soon and hope you have a GREAT day! 8-)