“Express Watersports - The Ultimate Dive Shop”

Express Watersports
Ranked #2 of 21 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Make countless memories on your vacation with Express Watersports. 20 years in the industry, Express is your one-stop shop for fun and adventure on the water. We have a wide variety of services, such as scuba diving, parasailing, banana boat rides, kayak & paddleboard rentals, ocean sightseeing and dolphin watch cruises, jet ski rentals, sunset cruises, and private charters everyone is bound to find something they love. Reservations are required. Call or book online.
Reviewed November 5, 2009

In response to the very critical review of Express Watersports in Murrell's Inlet, SC I have to say I feel exactly the opposite as the person who wrote the review. I was certified with Express Watersports in 2007, and my instructor was also Joe Quinn. It took me an awfully long time and extra lessons before I was able to be certifed - due to my fear. Joe was so great the entire time. Not once did he act any way other than professional. At one point I even asked him if he would rather me finish my certification somewhere else with another instructor, because I wasn't sure I could do it. I felt that I must just be too much for any instructor. I had such difficulty learning the skills! His reply was " Of course not, you can do it." He did nothing except encourage me to continue and assure me that I was not overwhelming him. He made me feel extremely comfortable and had more patience than you can imagine. He is amazing!

As for the rest of the people at Express Watersports, they too are super. Karla has helped me on dives in the past, and she is nothing like the person that the review portrays. She was great. Gary and Erin, two other instructors, are also excellent. They have been nothing but professional, helpful and patient. In order to finish my certification, I went on one of the dive shop's trips to Florida. I could not have had a better time, and once again I was in awe at the patience Joe had with me - even when I acted a bit loopy. Gary was also on that trip, and oh my gosh, he was so kind and helpful. Jennifer, Jonathan, and everyone else at the shop are the best!

So, it is too bad you had such bad experiences with Express Watersports, but if so many people have such positive things to say about them...Perhaps they aren't as horrible as it sounds in your review.

Paige S.