“To parasail or not to parasail? That is the question.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Express Watersports
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Murrells Inlet
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Make countless memories on your vacation with Express Watersports. With over 18 years in the industry, Express is your one-stop shop for fun and adventure. With a wide variety of services, such as scuba diving, parasailing, banana boat rides, kayak & paddleboard rentals, ocean sightseeing and dolphin watch cruises, jet ski rentals, sunset cruises, and private charters everyone is bound to find something they love. Reservations are required. Call or book online.
West Columbia, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“To parasail or not to parasail? That is the question.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Signed up my daughter and her friend to go parasailing. Made the reservations over the phone and was told that it was best to make reservations a day or two in advance and that there is a 24 hour cancellation notice. I was strapped for time and was able to make the reservations for the afternoon. Due to questionable weather we were delayed twice and I finally rescheduled for the next morning after waiting 2.5 hours.
I appreciate their concern for safety. The staff was very friendly and professional. Really nice facility.
The cost was $55 each and if space was available and I wanted to just ride along and watch it was $25. We also chose the photography option for $25. I haven't looked at them but I'm sure they are really good.
I would definitely recommend this outfit for other adventures.

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dolphin Cruise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We're just leaving the tour now and we are regretting spending money on it. We didn't see any dolphins and the only interesting thing we saw were the houses on the water. The tour guide didn't even really talk to us or tell us anything about the area. He did point out a pelican though.... Don't waste your money.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank torriv
Myrtle Beach, sc
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the trip, our sons girlfriend setup the day for his birthday and we had a wonderful time. It started our rainy but cleared up quickly to beautiful sun. No dolphins on this trip but we did see a loggerhead turtle which was a surprise. Seating was a bit uncomfortable below as the boat is setup as a dive boat, however, we spent most if the trip up in the fly bridge and enjoyed every second.

Visited May 2013
Lyn, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dolphin watch tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We saw two dolphins just outside the inlet, then they took us on a cruise south down past Garden City Beach - It was nice to be out on the ocean, but would have liked to have seen more dolphins/wildlife, but a good tour for $25.00

Visited March 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Uncomfortable. Would not do a dolphin tour again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Express Watersports might be great at a lot of things, but I can't recommend a dolphin cruise.

"Uncomfortable" basically sums it up. My tour, on a Thursday morning in September, was packed. People were shoulder-to-shoulder along the bench seating lining the perimeter of the boat and facing inward. Because one couldn't turn around because we were wedged in, it was difficult to look anywhere except across the boat and through the other line of people to see the water. Worse yet, there were no backs to the bench seating so you couldn't get comfortable and it was awkward to hold on once the boat got into open water. Most of the main deck was in the sun. So glad I wore sunscreen to prevent a burn!

Two dolphins simultaneously jumped out of the water during the cruise and about half the boat caught this; the rest of us missed the dolphins completely. We didn't see anything else as we headed back to the dock after about 5 additional minutes of floating around that area of the ocean.

I know that it can be difficult to predict animal sightings so I was going into this thinking, "oh, this'll be a great, relaxing boat ride on a beautiful morning!". However, because it was simply so uncomfortable, I was ready to get off of the boat after about half an hour. I wondered if it was just me, but by watching everyone else's faces, they looked as bored and miserable as I was. I honestly did not see one person who looked as though they were truly enjoying themselves! Even the kids were either leaning on their parents and falling asleep, or whining about wanting to get off the boat. This dolphin cruise seems like the kind of activity that well-meaning parents would believe is perfect for children, but the ones I saw just seemed bored, including my young niece.

Also, I didn't learn anything from the guide. That's fine, but there was a prominent sign on the boat that the crew worked for tips, and our guide carried out a tip jar and placed it by the exit at the end of the cruise. I couldn't figure out what we were expected to tip him for since he didn't contribute anything beyond the short safety briefing in the beginning.

I'm usually very content to be out on the water in any capacity, but this trip was an unexpected disappointment.

Visited September 2012