“i love this place”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went again this week and it reminded me how much I love it! This is one of my favorite types of food and this is one of my favorite places to get it. This is the first japanese steakhouse style that have introduced me to "bbq" style hibachi! It is great! I'll be back again and again.

There are newer reviews for Miyabi's Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been to this location numerous times and the one in North Myrtle as well. I went in with a group of friends for a going away party last week and was thoroughly disappointed. We had an 8:00 reservation and were not sat until 9:00. I checked numerous times during our wait and they kept saying 10 more minutes. When we were FINALLY sat an hour after our reservation, the manager heard one of our comments about it and said she would buy the first round of drinks, that was nice. However, then on the way to the table to hostess stops and is like the table isn't clean yet....ok, why are you taking us to our table when it isnt even set up yet. We get to our table and are missing 2 place settings and one setting doesnt have silverware. So I said something to the young lady seating us and she told me that they were just trying to get us seated. So...instead of setting the table up correctly you are just trying to get us to a table. I think that is horrible. Our food was ok, I have had MUCH better. Our server didnt refill our drinks...I sat with an empty water glass for most of my meal...luckily the person beside me wasn't drinking hers so I was able to drink hers. One of the girls with us ordered a Mai Tai and it was not very good...we told the server and she kinda shrugged her shoulders at it. Then the bill came, the first round was taken off, however that Mai Tai that only ONE sip was gone out of was on her bill. She said something to the server and the server said that since the manager took care of the first round she wouldn't take care of that one. Seriously.

I will NOT be back to this location. I MIGHT give the North Myrtle Beach location another chance. But the management and service is just not acceptable here.

1  Thank nrp_18
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We have been here before and loved it. We went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was packed, but the wait is worth it. They have a really good Vegetable dinner. They are cooked perfectly and they give you so much that you are bound to have leftovers. John is the best chef! We actually asked to have him as our chef. He interacts with each guest and he always is smiling. The experience is also good for all ages. If you are a vegetarian, like me, be sure to tell the chef so that he knows not to have the shrimp close to the vegetables.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Made us feel like kings!!!! Jonathan is the best waiter ever!!! Our cook was great, too! Will visit next time we are in town for sure.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Kids (as well as adults) enjoy the chef's entertainment as they prepare our meals. We brought our children and grandchildren (ages 8 and 14) and the chef made his presentation age appropriate. Enjoyable evening.