“Russell's is wonderful”

Russell's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We are located at the south end of Business 17 across the street from Hot Fish Club and Nance's. GPS's may or may not find us. Call for directions. We do not take reservations and we are NOT open for Lunch
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Russell and staff are a mainstay for our family and friends. Great locally owned business serving local seafood. Can get busy during summer, but definitely worth the wait. In a town full of seafood restaurants, Russell's is our favorite.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Russell's is my families favorite restaurant! We look forward to our annual vacation to dine at Russell's at least twice during our week long stay. The food is fresh and delicious. The service is outstanding. Russell will even open the door for you! We are thankful that a local told us about Russell's years ago. I always get the shrimp and it is always wonderful!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We eat at Russell's every time in the Myrtle area. The food is very good, the rustic, comfortable atmosphere is great. Well worth trying.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife had flounder and shrimp fried . She said the flounder was excellent and the shrimp were excellent too. I had the grooper special with scallops in wine sauce. Very very good! Would do it again. Russell and staff allways the best at making sure our visit is excellent. Would and will be back soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

A group of us decided to try Russell's based on TripAdvisor reviews. Really people, this is the absolute worst seafood any of us had ever eaten. We all got different dishes and nothing was good. The shrimp were just awful, the flounder had no flavor, and the salad was a joke. This restaurant should be ranked at the very bottom of the pile. The place is a dump, no air conditioning, and none of us will ever return. It is way overpriced for the quality. I would suggest you stop at the very crowded restaurant on the way and stay away from here. We thought Russell was obnoxious and that he should have been helping in the kitchen rather than trying to do PR work.

2  Thank Savannah51
localgal10, Owner at Russell's Seafood Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

I don't know what to say except I am really sorry you didn't like our food. I see you have reviewed us 3 times, we went from "The best seafood ever" to "The worst" over the years. I don't know what has happened except we have been extremely busy lately and our tiny kitchen is getting beat to death(last night for example). I know we are capable of putting out some great seafood but when we get hit with all large parties this time of year it is hard to put out all that food and make everyone happy. I have never known Russell to be obnoxious to his customers. I have taken these bad reviews to heart and have been making some changes. One thing I don't understand though is about how our salads are a joke? They are made fresh everyday, with many toppings and dressings, what do you want out of a salad? Anyway, sorry you hate us and won't be back. We will miss you. Karen Vereen(owner)