“Just okay!”

Russell's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: We are located at the south end of Business 17 across the street from Hot Fish Club and Nance's. GPS's may or may not find us. Call for directions. We do not take reservations and we are NOT open for Lunch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just okay!”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Not enough food for what you pay! Can definitely find better seafood for the same price.

1 Thank Flyby64
localgal10, Owner at Russell's Seafood Grill, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
I'm good with OK. If it's too expensive, I'm sorry, Everything is expensive these days. We don't try to kill it on our prices, just trying to make a living. Thanks for coming in. Karen Vereen(owner)

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MURRELLS INLET!”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have lived in Murrells Inlet for 7 years now & have been to every restaurant along business 17. I return to Russells as often as I can & have never once been disappointed. The food is great! Russell & Karen (Russells wife) are so friendly & welcome each & every customer at the door. The hostess & all the staff are also friendly & very efficient & friendly! GREAT SERVICE!!

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Robynmerrywilcox
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Where Locals Go...”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I have lived in Murrells Inlet for about one year. Very early in our residence in the Inlet we discovered Russells Seafood Grill. We were immediately welcomed by the staff and owners have have returned on a weekly basis. When friends or family visit us in the Inlet, the question often asked is "Where do locals go to eat in the Inlet?". Well, from our perspective, it's Russell's. The seafood (my preference being triggerfish, groper, shrimp and oysters) are uniformly excellent and will be prepared as you like it. One of my other "go-to" menu selections is the hamburger steak - hey you can't eat seafood every day? The ambiance is great and every time my wife enter the place we are greeted warmly by the staff and we are sure to see at least one familiar local resident. But it's not just locals, we've met golfers, bikers and folks visiting the beach at Russell's and everyone seems to be having a great time. I can't say much more, other than, in Murrells Inlet, Russell's is where the locals go!

Visited May 2011
3 Thank VaVinnie
SC
“how have we missed this place all these years?”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

we recently visited russell's on a whim--trying to find somewhere different from the places we go every year (drunken jack's and flo's). after a quick log onto trip advisor, russell's it was! we were blown away by the hospitality, not only from Russell himself, but from the fantastic waitresses. There were also some very colorful locals in there eating that night and just seeing the interaction between everyone made us just feel like one of them. The food was absolutely fantastic. Do not pass up the oyster stew! My husband had the stuffed flounder (EXCELLENT!) and I chose one of the specials, which was grilled grouper. I can honestly say it was the best grouper I've ever had---cooked perfectly and obviously fresh as you can get. It was so good that when Russell made his rounds to make sure everyone was happy, I just had to get up and hug him. Take our advice--keep driving past all of the places that always pulled us in and drive a little further thru the inlet to Russell's.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank lindsay5402
“Unexpected delight!”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Best hush puppies in S.C. Fish cooked and flavored with skill. Slaw as it should taste. A must treat when you are in the area.

1 Thank Grayendo