“THE BEST RESTAURANT IN MURRELLS INLET!”

Russell's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: We are located at the south end of Business 17 across the street from Hot Fish Club and Nance's. GPS's may or may not find us. Call for directions. We do not take reservations and we are NOT open for Lunch
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have lived in Murrells Inlet for 7 years now & have been to every restaurant along business 17. I return to Russells as often as I can & have never once been disappointed. The food is great! Russell & Karen (Russells wife) are so friendly & welcome each & every customer at the door. The hostess & all the staff are also friendly & very efficient & friendly! GREAT SERVICE!!

1  Thank Robynmerrywilcox
There are newer reviews for Russell's Seafood Grill

Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I have lived in Murrells Inlet for about one year. Very early in our residence in the Inlet we discovered Russells Seafood Grill. We were immediately welcomed by the staff and owners have have returned on a weekly basis. When friends or family visit us in the Inlet, the question often asked is "Where do locals go to eat in the Inlet?". Well, from our perspective, it's Russell's. The seafood (my preference being triggerfish, groper, shrimp and oysters) are uniformly excellent and will be prepared as you like it. One of my other "go-to" menu selections is the hamburger steak - hey you can't eat seafood every day? The ambiance is great and every time my wife enter the place we are greeted warmly by the staff and we are sure to see at least one familiar local resident. But it's not just locals, we've met golfers, bikers and folks visiting the beach at Russell's and everyone seems to be having a great time. I can't say much more, other than, in Murrells Inlet, Russell's is where the locals go!

3  Thank VaVinnie
Reviewed May 24, 2011

we recently visited russell's on a whim--trying to find somewhere different from the places we go every year (drunken jack's and flo's). after a quick log onto trip advisor, russell's it was! we were blown away by the hospitality, not only from Russell himself, but from the fantastic waitresses. There were also some very colorful locals in there eating that night and just seeing the interaction between everyone made us just feel like one of them. The food was absolutely fantastic. Do not pass up the oyster stew! My husband had the stuffed flounder (EXCELLENT!) and I chose one of the specials, which was grilled grouper. I can honestly say it was the best grouper I've ever had---cooked perfectly and obviously fresh as you can get. It was so good that when Russell made his rounds to make sure everyone was happy, I just had to get up and hug him. Take our advice--keep driving past all of the places that always pulled us in and drive a little further thru the inlet to Russell's.

2  Thank lindsay5402
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Best hush puppies in S.C. Fish cooked and flavored with skill. Slaw as it should taste. A must treat when you are in the area.

1  Thank Grayendo
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I love this place. Used to come to Litchfield annually with a group from work, and my boss always made sure we got over to Murrells Inlet to Russells. Sadly, those work retreats have become history, but I really came to love this restaurant and try to stop here whenever I'm in the area. Russell's is a great experience from the moment you walk up the wooden steps toward the tiki torches flickering on the porch. More often than not, Russell opens the door for you at the top of the stairs, as he did tonight, welcoming us to his place. I love the cozy, relaxed interior, and always feel at home here no matter how long I've been gone.
Tonight I had one of the specials - pan-seared grouper with a bacon-scallion-red pepper sauce - YUM!!! The other member of my party got the catch of the day, mahi, grilled. It was also scrumptious. Both were in the $25 range. Our waitress was friendly and attentive without hovering. We ate so much we couldn't do dessert, but the selections sounded tempting - Bailey's irish creme cheesecake? Wow. Maybe another night. We departed full and happy. Russell was at the bar, but came over when he saw us leaving to ask how our meal was and to wish us a good night.. He remembered my boss and the group of us that used to invade every spring. Geesh, how many people must come through this place in a year? A restaurant owner with a good memory always impresses me! :) Visit Russells if you get a chance - you won't be sorry.

3  Thank bloominb