“Beautiful”
Review of Brookgreen Gardens

Brookgreen Gardens
More attraction details
Owner description: A beautiful 9,170-acre green park located 16 miles south of Myrtle Beach.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place is stunning. They have beautiful gardens along with a butterfly pavilion and zoo. The $14 ticket is good for a week. It's incredibly hot in the SC sun so bring an umbrella or something and some water also.

Willmar, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Visited twice”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

If you like sculptures this is an excellent stop. My young adult children all enjoyed the sculptures. I would rather have a less expensive day ticket than a $14 week ticket. The second trip we went on the boat ride because I was told that is where the big gators could be seen...on the $7 boat trip the lady said sorry we didn't see any gators today as it is too hot for them. They usually come up in the spring. It was breezier on the boat, I'll give it that. Also, there are very long walks between sculptures and even longer walks between the different areas of the park. There is a free tram that runs between the 3 areas, stopping at each about every 20 minutes. I ordered a hot dog ($5 for dog only) from the outdoor cafe, a large brat sized dog, but still a little pricey.

1 Thank Marilyn H
danville, KY
“Hidden Treasure, Garden lovers do not miss!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Garden lovers do not miss this unique garden! Beautiful live oaks provide shade even in the hot summer. The broze and stone statues provide a focal point for each area and are absolutely priceless. I visit each time I go and see something new. Admission is good for 7 days and each evening there is music and events for the kids.

Timonium, MD
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“A class act in Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

While most of the attractions in the Myrtle Beach area are the typical beach / amusement type of fare, Brookgreen Gardens offers a bit more sophistication with art surrounded by well-kept low country South Carolina landscaping. We usually visit the area in August, so the heat and humidity has kept us on the beach during the day but, in 2011 we had a few rare cooler and drier days so we decided to visit Brookgreen. Plan to arrive early and bring your walking shoes. There is a lot to see so, allow for a good half day at least. There are many sculptures of various sizes surrounded by ponds, walkways, topiary and stonework. Additionally, the small zoo and other attractions make this an all-around nice family attraction although, teenagers may get bored. The restaurant has good food and is reasonably priced. See their website for all the details. This is truly one of the great attractions of the region. Bring your camera !

Visited August 2011
1 Thank MS1Timonium_MD
Beaufort, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“How One Philanthropic Gesture Impacts the World”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

In 1932 Archer Milton Huntington and Anna Vaughn Hyatt Huntington created an artistic vision in what was then an obscure part of the country....Murrell's Inlet. The works of some of the finest American scultures (including many of Anna's) are exhibited at Brookgreen Gardens. We used our $14 tickets twice and I wish that I could have used mine everyday. There is so much beauty contained in the sculture gardens that I spent all my time there.....the first day taking a tour in the pouring rain and the second day taking pictures in the early morning sun. I plan to return.

2 Thank ScarboroughFair