“Fun at SWC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salt Water Creek

Salt Water Creek
Ranked #14 of 131 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Georgetown SC
“Fun at SWC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have been to SWC several times and the reason we keep coming back are the Oyster Shooters. My wife and I love ousters on the half shell but the way they serve their oysters is different. They come in a shot glass with a very small splash of vodka and a dab of cocktail sauce. Of course you can get them without the vodka if you wish. I rarely go there and do less that 11/2 doz. Between my wife and I usually 3 doz. The service there is excellent and the staff is very friendly and professional. We especially enjoy chatting with the bartender Bob. While we haven't sampled everything on the menu as of yet every dish that we have tried has been very good including Appetizers and desserts. I would recommend SWC to anyone visiting Murrells Inlet. We are fortunate that we live in the area so we can go anytime we desire.

1 Thank jlee103

Carlsbad, California
“Best food ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was such a fabulous dinner we are going tomorrow for the Saturday night special: Lobster! I had the Crab Cakes and they were the best ever! Lots of crab very little fillers. The others had Mojito Chicken, loved it. Blackened fish, loved it, Short Ribs, loved it, and Fish and Chips, loved it. I also has the Crab Soup, and it was to die for. This is must place to eat! The staff was very friendly. They also had some live entertainment.

San Diego, California
“Once was really good - so we're going back tomorrow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Loved the experience! From the appetizers to the dessert - everything was excellent. Returning tomorrow for the Saturday special - 1# of lobster for only $19! A must if you're in the area!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Good food, value and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Salt Water Creek has been one of my favorites since it opened. They have a menu special every night. We had great burgers for $7 when we last went. And the Happy Hour can't be beat- $3 drinks and a great fish tank to watch, if you sit at the bar. There's also a fireplace in the middle of the dining room to enjoy in the cooler months and al fresco dining in the warmer weather.

Visited October 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Salt Water Creek - Wow!!! What an Unbelievable Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had driven by Salt Water Creek a zillion times, and kept saying we must try it. The parking lot is always full.

Tonight on the way home from the beach (yes, even on October 30!) we decided to stop in for dinner. We asked for a table outside, and that's where this love affair began. We were seated under an incredible live oak tree, dripping with Spanish Moss. The tree had to be 100+ years old. Awe inspiring. Then we met Kady, our server. What a dynamo, and really on the ball. Kady was extremely friendly, polished and professional; and she was really familiar with the menu and the wine list, and explained everything fully. That was impressive. I wish we'd had 100 of her in our restaurants in the hotel in Australia. I really hope SWC is looking after her.

I'd never tried grits, so we ordered a serve of shrimp and grits as an appetizer, to share. Unbelievably fantastic. I ordered Coconut Shrimp and Walter ordered Mahi Mahi. Both meals were spectacular, as were the salads. You HAVE TO try their honey/lime home made salad dressing.

The food was fantastic; the ambience beautiful; and the service was excellent. That was Kady. She even took the photo that I have attached to this review.

I said to Walter that I thought this was the best meal we've had since moving to Myrtle Beach. We will definitely be back. Based on our meals tonight, anything you pick from the menu will be fabulous. And the selection is extremely creative. Kudos to their Executive Chef and Kitchen Brigade. I worked for 17 years in Sales and Marketing for Australia's largest 5 star hotel, and the meal we had this evening was right up there with the best.

Not only are we going to become regulars, SWC is a restaurant we will take visitors to, and will tell all our friends here about it.

You have to try SALT WATER CREEK. Incidentally, I am not related to anyone at SWC; I don't know anyone who works there. This is purely an honest opinion of our visit this evening.

• Visited October 2013