“First visit”
Review of Salt Water Creek

Salt Water Creek
Ranked #13 of 141 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our first visit to the SWC. We are locals and had just never tried it. On a night of pouring down rain, we thought it might be overcrowded because the restaurant wouldn't be able to make use of the outdoor tables, but we were seated quickly. Our meal was excellent as was our service. There was a guitar player/singer who was very good, but also not too loud. When our check came, I took out some $20's to pay our bill. I had just been to the ATM and the money was damp. Instead of leaving a great tip, I left a stupendous tip by leaving an extra $20. The waiter kindly gave me back a $20, knowing what had happened. Really appreciated his honesty. Will definitely make this restaurant a regular. By the way, we had reservations and I would highly recommend this.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We often go for Happy Hour. Each night there are specials, give them a try. We enjoy it each time. The burgers are some of the best.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Myself and my family, 22 of us including two infants, had a wonderful experience at salt Water Creek. The food was excellent and the service extraordinary. Will go back again

Reviewed July 25, 2013

After looking at reviews online we wanted to make sure we stopped by, so we hit the early bird specials to give it a try. You would think eating off the early bird they would be small portions, but quite the contrary! We all had something different, from wood fired pizza to blackened mahi...they were fantastic...also, there are cocktail specials for a very minimal $3.00....check out their website because each day they have daily specials, like on Mondays they have half price sushi, $7.00 pizzas on Wednesday ...a must try...it is so good....!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Read the great reviews, so we had to try it, Staff was wonderful, food sucked. I got a platter with shrimp, oysters, fish and garlic mashed potatoes. The potatoes had such a strong vinegar taste, that I could not eat it. The seafood was over cooked. Five more seconds and it would be been burnt. Crust dark brown and actually cut my gum. I took my two teenage daughters with me. We actually drove to McDonald's when we left, because we were still hungry.