“It's great if you're part of the local clique”
Review of Salt Water Creek

Salt Water Creek
Ranked #13 of 134 Restaurants in Murrells Inlet
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“It's great if you're part of the local clique”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The food is OK, nothing to rave about. The drinks are good, but the bartender is a snob and the owner is just as bad. Oh, it's great if you're one of the rich regulars, but if you're not part of 'the clique' none of the staff INCLUDING the owner will ever acknowledge you. We've been there several times and the treatment is always the same but the locals are gabbing it up and getting great service. I would not go back, too snooty for me. Oh....and the flies buzzing all over the place is very appetizing either.

• Visited August 2012

Advance, North Carolina
“Charming and very yummy”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The setting of this little restaurant was so charming and beautiful. The staff was so helpful and very nice. The appetizer and the meal was cooked perfectly and very delicious. I want to thank this restaurant for being a part of Jason's House, we really enjoyed and appreciated a wonderful meal.

Visited August 2012
Yorktown
“Convivial atmosphere and good food!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Salt Water Creek became our favorite place this past week in Murrells Inlet!
We ate there for Happy Hour, 4-6 PM, 3 times and had cold, delicious beers, fried calamari, oysters, pizza, burgers, salads.
It seems like a locals favorite too and you can see why!

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family restaurant”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I had a great meal on our 1st night out on our vacation. It is full of locals having small parties so it was not a quiet night, but still very enjoyable.

Visited August 2012
kwmakj, Owner at Salt Water Creek, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Salt Water Creek Cafe. Hope to see you next time you are in town.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Too rushed...”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our first time visiting Salt Water Creek Café. The food was only okay and the service was too rushed. Our waiter was abrupt and always seemed in a hurry even though the place was almost empty. He first took my salad away before I was even finished....he never even asked if I was done, and then he almost took the rest of my entrée away before I stopped him and asked for to go box. I was really not impressed by this place and I don't think I'll be returning.

• Visited August 2012
kwmakj, Owner at Salt Water Creek, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am very sorry to hear your experience with us felt rushed. We strive to meet our guests expectations and surpass them. I am sure this was an exception and not the standard for Salt Water Creek Cafe. Again I am very sorry and hope one day you will join us again and ask for me.
Keith Wolff