“Surprisingly great”
Review of Twelve - CLOSED

Twelve
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newmarket, Canada
“Surprisingly great”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We found this small Restaurant in a small strip mall, and were very surprised by a great reception at the front, and great food and service, as well as reasonable prices. The owner/chef came over to see if all was well too, and shared some of his recipes with us. If you are in this area, and are looking for great intimate dining, and food this is the spot.

• Visited October 2013

Sanford, Michigan
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was anxious to try this restaurant. The restaurant was empty and that always make us nervous. The hostess was very pleasant but the waitress, Jessica was not very knowledgeable about the menu. I felt I knew more about it than she did. The house chardonnay was lukewarm and the dinner roll was BORING. The house salad was okay but nothing special. Husband ordered salmon that he loved. I had flat iron steak with beans and steamed broccoli that was excellent. All in all, the main courses were excellent, everything else was fair. I rated it very good because the entrees were excellent. They have been in business since 2008 and with the quality of food I'm surprised they aren't busier.

• Visited September 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Twelve "Fantastic"”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stopped by and had dinner for the first time.My experience at Twelve was wonderful. The service was great the dining was the best I have ever had. The food was out of this world I have had food in expensive places with the best of chefs.I'm telling you if you like fine dining and reasonable prices go check them out. I know I will be back many times and you will to.The best kept secret in Myrtle Beach..The best chef around with fresh dishes prepared as orderd outstanding is all I can say.Please try it you will love it and enjoy your visit while your there beautiful atmosphere. If you play piano they have to play for family and friends or even co-workers you will love it.

• Visited July 2013
Toms River, NJ
“Memorable”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I visited twelve during a vacation with friends of ours
We were a little concerned the restaurant was not not busy but
The hospitality and food was outstanding
Our server, Donna, was very personable and felt like a part of our group before the meal was complete
The staff and owner visited our table frequently to make sure we were satisfied
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking fine food in a nicely appointed dining room with great service and a memorable time

• Visited August 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Curious there is no wait to get in....”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

During the busy season (now) we tend to try out little restaurants, so last weekend we gave Twelve a try. When we saw that there were many open tables, we were curious but it didn't put us off. We noticed a table with eight people who seemed to be noting they had received the wrong food and asking for changes and generally making a fuss; the other diners were cutting their eyes at them and murmuring. Another couple, when given their entree, sighed and made annoyed movements indicating they had waited a long time. I offer these observations as maybe explaining the emptiness of the restaurant at the busiest time of the year.

That having been said, we had a GREAT time and our food was tasty and wonderful. I got the chicken with basil and ricotta (tender, juicy, and very flavorful) which came with vegetable risotto (creamy). My husband got the flat iron steak which was cooked exactly the way he likes (medium well) without being dry, which came with mashed potatoes (okay -- had a slightly metallic taste). The rolls are great, fluffy dinner rolls with butter. The salad was excellent -- mixed field greens with fresh tomato and onion slices; we got bleu-cheese dressing that was tangy and delicious.

The tables and chairs are mismatched in a funky way; the table at which we sat was an 'old' Chinese? Spanish? style with heavy matching chairs. The chairs have hammered metal pieces on the back that unfortunately had snags we found were grabbing our clothes. The rest of the decor is nice with dark wood, nice lighting.

Our waitress and the other we spoke with were both very enjoyable and efficient in handling our meal. We will definitely be back for the delicious food and will recommend this restaurant to our friends looking for some place quiet to have a good meal.

• Visited August 2013