“Very nice for the price.”

Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Murrells Inlet
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Very nice for the price.”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Stayed at this hotel two nights in early October. The rooms were very big and very nice. It was a little out of the way to get to the beach area where we were going to but only 10 minutes or so but it was quiet in the area. The ac was also quite.

The only negative was that the bathroom tub area was not quite as clean as I would have liked for it to be.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Carolina, USA
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Absolutely amazing! Probably our best stay ever. They upgraded our room to a king jacuzzi room and this was the BEST hotel stay ever. Jim, the general manager, is fantastic and dedicated to customer service. We couldn't believe the size of the room! Quaint, quiet and WELL worth the money. By far, the best hotel experience we have had. The jacuzzi was wonderful! Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank shawnyale
Reviewed March 25, 2010

We stayed here on mar 23. It wasn't the greatest location because it's on the the highway but the price was good( 79.00 ) the rooms were clean and it's close to the strip of restaurants on the marsh walk. You get coffee and toast, cereal etc in the morning. We had a standard room but when i tried to take a shower it got cold as soon as I got in. My husband called the front desk and they moved us to a really nice suite. We were not even expecting that but it was late and I guess that was the only thing they could offer us.

• Stayed September 2010
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for 4 consecutive years. It has always felt like a humble home away from home. I have always been able to count on the hotel being clean and well maintained.

I am sad to say that I was disappointed with the hotel this year and probably will not return.

My sister had stayed here for one night prior to my arrival. She indicated that the toilet in her room was running.

The check in attendant was friendly and accomodating. I noticed a slight musty smell when I entered my room. I also noticed that the room seemed warmer than it should have been. On the second night of my stay, I went to turn the air conditioning down and noticed that the carpeting was wet in a large area beneath the A/C unit (i.e. the A/C unit was leaking). I asked to move to another room and ended up moving down two floors to another room. I immediately noticed a musty smell in the hallway of the 3rd floor.

I believe that the hotel may have been sold since my last stay there (there used to be a placard with the owners name and it has been removed).

It is clear to me that the hotel is not being maintained as well as it has been in the past. I regret to say that I probably will not stay here again. It is an acceptable accomodation for most people right now but I believe if current maintenance schedules are allowed to continue that it will quickly become a sub-standard accomodation.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of maintenance & upkeep of hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank chrisd
hiexmgr, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
We are pleased to inform our guest that our Hotel has become under new ownership as of early 2008 and we completed an extensive renovation to our property in June of 2009. Reserve a room with us today, and you'll see why our guests return to one of the best hotels in Murrells Inlet, SC.

Travelers are raving about these Murrells Inlet hotels

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days/3 nights and it was a fantastic experience!

I arrived on an early morning flight and walked into the lobby at 11am to see if they had any rooms available. On the spot, they offered me a variety of options with extremely attractive prices. I chose a standard room with 2 full size beds. (They do have a AAA price!)

The room was gorgeous! Furniture and linens were like new, TV was large (27 in or so) and there were a variety of channels. Room was separated into living/sleeping areas - the couch was comfortable and the desk/table was spacious enough for my laptop and papers. Coffee pot and refrigerator as well as the microwave all worked well, especially important given that there was a Food Lion (Bi-Lo?) just 2 minutes down the road. Bathroom was average for a hotel though the shower curtain was ripped (but repaired immediately by housekeeping when I called the front desk). Towels were extra fluffy and showerhead was a dream.

Breakfast was included. 6:30am - 9:30am on weekdays, 7:30am - 10:30 am on weekends. Somewhat limited though the coffee was pretty good.

Location is a dream! Exit to the right, you're on 17 Business. Go left, you're on 17 Bypass. Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, K&W Cafeteria are literally 100 yards out the door. Inlet Square Mall is directly across the way with access to quite a few more restaurants too.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Front desk people were fantastic with directions - even to Charleston! Housekeeping was polite, only knocking on the door after 12n to inquire about service.

Overall fantastic place to stay and I would willingly stay there again.

(Please do keep in mind that I traveled in November, during the off season. The hotel was quiet except for a few groups of gentlemen who were golfing for the week/weekend.)

• Liked — The size of the rooms!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 26, 2007

I was trying to book a room in Myrtle Beach on the beach through Holiday Inn website. The hotel I wanted said no availibility so it bumped me over to other rates availiable. I assumed it was the same hotel. Imagine my disappointment when I arrived in Murrells Inlet. It was a good eight miles outside of Myrtle Beach. It was on a highway and across the street from a horrible biker bar. The fellow at the desk said oh we're near the beach. Like two miles. While checking in a woman came in desparate to rent a room. He told her he only had a suite left . She said that was too big . I offered to switch rooms with her and he said no because we had used points and had to have a certain room. room was awful. The other reviews are true. The lobby smells gross. The rooms smell gross. The room was dirty, moldy and ugly. The kidswere so upset. My husband was upset. We decided it was just for the night on our way to Hilton head so we changed and went to the pool. GROSS! No towels. We asked the guy and he said he was washing some towels. At bedtime we opened the sofa bed and my daughter almost slashed arm on broken wire that popped up unexpectedly. Complained and they brought a rollaway. Breakfast. Bad too. I have complained to Holiday Inn and was assured the bed will be removed before someone gets seriously injured. I am still waiting for my points to be reinstated. Do Not stay here. After HH we stayed two days in the center of Myrtle Beach at the Hampton. It was very nice.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank magee709
North Carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2006

My husband went online and reserved a three night stay for my mother and myself. I took her down there for some R&R after my father died at home with cancer. We both needed rest. Somehow... the computer put us in for '32' nights instead of 3. I called within 15 min of the mistake. The manager refused to take the extra 29 days off!!! I was frantic. My husband was in NC trying to make it right with Holiday Inn (the company). Apparentlyt it's a franchise and the manager can do as he pleases. In the end... Holiday Inn had to cover our 29 'extra' days with this manager. It was sooo upsetting. I didn't even want to stay there after the big hassle... but he would have charged me anyway. The girl at the front desk was very sweet though. I would say... be very leery of this hotel.

• Liked — The 2 women working the front desk were sweet and sympathetic
  • Disliked — The Manager
  • Tips/Secrets — Hold onto your wallet!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
#2 of 6 in Murrells Inlet
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Surfside Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet? Share your experiences!