“Very Nice Kids Suites Just a little pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet

Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Murrells Inlet
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Nice Kids Suites Just a little pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2005

My wife and I with our 3 boys (10, 5, and 3) always stay in a kids suite. Its a Very nice setup with 2 bedrooms. The masterbedroom is very roomy and has a Hot tub in it. The kids room has 2 single beds and also has 2 nice mats to put down for a 3 or even a 4th kid. The kids room has a TV, VCR and a Stereo/cd player. Only draw back is an indoor pool, which is nice if it nasty weather outside.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wiltshire England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2005

We stayed for 5 nights in July as part of our vacation. It is ideally located if you don’t want all the noise and tourist tat, has Litchfield beach only 10 mins drive south but all of Murtle Beach’s attractions about 30/45 mins north. Brookgreen Gardens which we enjoyed is also very close. There is a shopping mall and plenty of restaurants nearby with a Wendy’s and a Cracker Barrel in walking distance. We didn’t find any of the horrors that other people reported but whilst reasonably clean it wasn’t immaculate. The room was somewhat dark having only a small window, poor lighting and dark decor. It was reasonably roomy, had a refrigerator and microwave and the staff seemed polite if somewhat overworked. The complimentary breakfast was good but the seating area could be larger. We enjoyed our stay here but probably more because of the location than the hotel.

• Stayed July 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gjm_wjm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

I don't know who the other people are who stayed at this hotel, but I found the hotel classy and very clean. It was a little more expensive than some of the hotels in the area but the value was well worth it. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the front desk staff was very accomodating and pleasant.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2005

I give this hotel 3 N's for the overall sorriness of my family's stay. The rooms are rather pricey for wha you get..which isn't much. If you're considering this place, I'd say, get a tent instead because you'll be more comfortable. An earlier post mentions the roaches in the room, they didn't mention the rats (maybe they're mice) running around in the hallways and all over the grounds of the hotel. We even found a few dead one's in the pool ("guess they don't swim very well"as the pool person told us in barely understandable english). I don't wish to start a culrture war with my post, but my gosh can't hotels get English speaking people for heir hotels in America! The room seemed to have alot of features, but beware, the refrigerators (which are dirty) will freeze anything left in them. The microwave seemed like it was more of an execution chamber for the forementioned rats as ours was very dirty inside. The showers...well the showers smelled really bad (a mix of body odor, mildew and rotten eggs). We're not sure if our room was used for some lab experiment prior to our styaing there, but it would have been nice to have had it cleaned when we got there. We called guest services and finally someone came up (once again a non-english speaking woman) she basically walked around and "blessed" the place with her duster and sprayed some disenfectant in the air and said "room clean!" before ambling off with her cart to the elevator (she reeked of smoke herself, so we assume we checked into her private smoking area). Overall, this was not what we expect from a Holday Inn (even an express).

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Murrells Inlet hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2005

The hotel itself was bright and cheery upon arriving...I wish I'd had turned around then. I had to take my own luggage in and had a difficult time finding a cart. The desk people were preoccupied when I got their and then couldn't find my reservation. Instead of the suit room I had booked I got downgraded? SInce I had pre-paid I was very unhappy...when I asked about a refund I was told to contact some other company in Charlotte NC and complain? This is about as low class as it gets folks. The room initially seemed sanitary and clean, but when I went to bed, I felt something crawling on me...I turned on the desk lamp to see no less than 10 roaches in my room scampering under the bed. I called the fornt desk and they laughed and said, they were not roaches but palmetto bugs? They looked dlike roach to me. Anyhow, the next day I tried to arrange for a shuttle and was given a list of taxi's serving the area. No one at the desk seemed to know any good tourist areas so I was pretty much left to my own, and the gun filled brochure I had left in my room. I'd give this place a 1/2 star only because it exists...not much more.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2005

I knew ahead that when I visited Myrtle Beach, it would be bike week (Memorialy Day wknd) and I'd want to stay inland, away from the congested festival area, but didn't know the area- so we decided to find a place to stay once we were down there. Turns out there's really nowhere to stay inland ,(except a few truck stop dives) so this is the place we decided on, after driving around for hours, trying to get away from the biker area, but not too far from the airport, since we were flying back the next morning.
We were floored by the price- $329 for one night! The hotel was ok- nothing special- not even on a beach. In the bathroom was soap and shampoo. For that price, I'd expect the whole basket of goodies- or at least hair conditioner!
We got a non-smoking room, but it smelled of stale cigarette smoke.
One redeeming thing is the continental breakfast was nicer than I've seen in other hotels. Also, there's a small movie theater nearby.
All in all, I feel we got ripped off on the price because of it being a holiday and other hotlels nearby having no vacancy.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2005

At check in we were upgraded to a two room suite with a jacuzzi. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. Desk staff was pleasant. Breakfast was great! Close to shopping mall and lots of restaurants, not to mention Myrtle Beach airport is only about 10-15 minute drive. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort
#2 of 6 in Pawleys Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,802 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Murrells Inlet? Share your experiences!