“Great with Helpful Staff”

Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very clean, well kept property. Breakfast was great much more than we expected. Joan at the front desk was a great help. Pool was clean. Location was quiet but not too far off the beaten path. Morning staff was excellent and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Service is terrible. Seems as though you are checking into a motel six. Rude staff at desk and I book here once a month for business. Good luck weary travellor!!!! my experience with the staff is poor. At least the hotel is decent.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014

WE enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn, as we have at others we've stayed. The breakfast was not up to the standards we had at other Hamptons. Our biggest problem, was in locating the hotel...without our GPS, we'd would have really had problems.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

You can walk to Patriots Point with ease, and walk to the Ravnel bridge to take a run or walk. Easy to get to downtown Charleston, within walking distance of restaurants. Nice pool, good breakfast. Don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The facility is well located with many dining options on "the Pleasant side of town" as I am told. The primary complaint was a significant difficulty to get Housekeeping to change the bed sheeting on a daily basis for my lengthy stay. Of note, the usual Hampton Inn bedside cards to indicate a changing of linen and towels request were nowhere to be found. Hence, a daily Front Desk request was required with varied results. Otherwise, this is a standard Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Top floor only
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank requedieu
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I arrived at the Hampton Inn Patriots Point the day before Easter Sunday, 2014. My 40 pond dog and I were tired and weary from our previous hotel night's stay. To my very pleasant surprise, the front desk reception of Mr. Lani and Mr. Levan smoothed it all out. It was 11 AM but he went over to housekeeping and arranged to have my room ready by 12 instead of 4. And then they helped me a lot with information about my camera cards and directions nearby. Plus, the Hampton bed was exquisite, I have never felt such soft pillows, sheets and bed spreads! I loved the room and the bathroom, though with my Field Spaniel Ilusion, I could have used more counter space.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here in March 2013 for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very welcoming. My room was not ready (I was early) and they were able to find a room right away for me. The room was clean and spacious. The housekeeping staff was efficient. The breakfast offered was fine - standard fare for this chain. Plenty of room to walk my dog and the outside area was well lighted.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. This is a great alternative to paying the higher prices in Charleston and yet you are close enough to all the major tourist sites and great restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family