Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed April 30, 2014

You can walk to Patriots Point with ease, and walk to the Ravnel bridge to take a run or walk. Easy to get to downtown Charleston, within walking distance of restaurants. Nice pool, good breakfast. Don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 30, 2014

The facility is well located with many dining options on "the Pleasant side of town" as I am told. The primary complaint was a significant difficulty to get Housekeeping to change the bed sheeting on a daily basis for my lengthy stay. Of note, the usual Hampton Inn bedside cards to indicate a changing of linen and towels request were nowhere to be found. Hence, a daily Front Desk request was required with varied results. Otherwise, this is a standard Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Top floor only
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank requedieu
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I arrived at the Hampton Inn Patriots Point the day before Easter Sunday, 2014. My 40 pond dog and I were tired and weary from our previous hotel night's stay. To my very pleasant surprise, the front desk reception of Mr. Lani and Mr. Levan smoothed it all out. It was 11 AM but he went over to housekeeping and arranged to have my room ready by 12 instead of 4. And then they helped me a lot with information about my camera cards and directions nearby. Plus, the Hampton bed was exquisite, I have never felt such soft pillows, sheets and bed spreads! I loved the room and the bathroom, though with my Field Spaniel Ilusion, I could have used more counter space.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here in March 2013 for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very welcoming. My room was not ready (I was early) and they were able to find a room right away for me. The room was clean and spacious. The housekeeping staff was efficient. The breakfast offered was fine - standard fare for this chain. Plenty of room to walk my dog and the outside area was well lighted.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. This is a great alternative to paying the higher prices in Charleston and yet you are close enough to all the major tourist sites and great restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

tried to get a hotel in Charleston probably with 3 months notice and they were BOOKED! Found this place for less than $200/night for 4 nights. I generally stay in Hiltons; i'll stay at other hotels but try to avoid Marriotts (Good friend of mine lost her wallet and had to stay with a girlfriend in a Marriott inBoston last month; since she had no change of clothes or toiletries she asked them to send up a toothbrush. They charged her $14. Disgusting).
Anyway, this place is a good location, a little hard to find (our realtor used to STAY at the Hampton Inn and had trouble finding it); but it was very clean, good value, modern, good breakfast, and 5 minute walk from the Ravenel Bridge and 10 minutes from Patriots point and downtown Charleston. I would definitely stay again. Only negative is that day 2 they forgot to bring us any fresh towels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Hotel was not well lit. Very hard to find as it sat back in a road where other hotels were but did not have clear signage as to how to get to it. It was not up to Hampton Inn's usual standards. We had asked for queen beds and was told that double beds were Hampton's standard rooms. I guess the Hampton we checked into next didn't know that as we got queen beds there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We (hubby and I) were in a wedding in Charleston, so we chose to stay here to "crash" away from all of the wedding noise and hysteria. Oh my WORD what a value!! The hotel was neat and clean! We were able to check in immediately (didn't even wait more than a minute), and we were greeted with a warm pleasant staff and atmosphere. The bed was VERY comfortable, and so was the sofa. The fridge and microwave were perfect in size. The bathroom was VERY spacious. It was too cold to go to the pool, but it looked fine. PLENTY of parking. My only concern is that the back parking lot is not well lit (I would not have wanted to walk back there alone late at night).

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be pretty good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple