“Great alternative to expensive Charleston”

Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is located minutes from Patriot's Point and the pier at the Charleston Harbour Marina Resort where you can get a water taxi over to downtown Charleston for ten dollars round trip. We did not do that because the last trip back was around 8 pm or so. You are just a 10 minute drive over the stunning Arthur Ravenel Jr. bridge to downtown Charleston. We parked at the visitor's center a few times where you can leave your car for the day. The first half hour is free and then it's 2 dollars per hour after that. There are several places to park so it was never an issue. At night we went back to the Hampton and had a quiet place for a good night's sleep. The rooms are very clean and the beds are super comfortable. The decor is very nice throughout the hotel. We spent a half day touring Patriot's Point and the USS Yorktown and then drove a mile to the Fish House next to the Charelston Harbour Marina Resort for lunch. Then we still had plenty of time to go to Charleston for the afternoon. The cost per night at this hotel is less on a Sunday night and weekdays but much less than what you would pay in the historic downtown except maybe off season. I would stay here again and use my extra money for great dinners!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I traveled with friends on a four day trip to Savannah, Charleston and St. Augustine. This hotel was by far the best. This was another Hilton Honor hotel. The beds here
were the BEST of our trip. The best night sleep ever. We had to drive about ten minutes out of the Charleston historic district to this hotel, but well worth the trip. We were not aware October was so busy. We found out the October was Charleston's second busiest month of the year.
Who knew? And we did not make reservations ahead of time. But ok with us. The Ladies that signed us in were hilarious, helpful and professional...We will certainly go back to that hotel.
Just over the big bridge...

Room Tip: We loved our room....Beds were better than home....oops, forgot to see what kind of mattress that...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed there two nights. After the first night, we spend all day sight seeing. We got back to our room late afternoon and it had not been touched by the maid service. After a call to the front desk (which took forever to answer) and a maid showed up and make some excuse about people staying two nights confused her.

The front desk staff was also not very good. The woman working behind the counter wouldn't do anything, turning her back on customers. The man working there was always on his cell phone (which probably explains the long time in answering our call).

Would not recommend this place. They ought to triple our HHonors points just for staying there.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
chspatriotspoint, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

We are so sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Please know that this is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Blanche Dudley
Gueest Service Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I chose the Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant for our first stay in Charleston because we like the Hilton chain and my husband prefers Hampton Inns. We used Hilton Honors Pojnts and had the choice of this Hampton Inn or one in Downtown Charleston. Since there was a big difference in points required we decided on the Mount Pleasant location.
It has been very convenient to Downtown, just a trip across the 3 mile long Ravenel Bridge. Since we planned to visit the Maritime Mueum, USS Yorktown, etc. at Patriots Point, the hotel is actually very convenient to this site.
I am sitting on a cry comfortable sofa in our suite, with my feet up on an ottoman, as I am writing this review. We have a microwave and refrigerator and coffee maker in our room. The bathroom is clean and kept well stocked. The bed is comfortable. My only complaint is that the pillows are small. I could use more, or larger, pillows.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant but several area restaurants deliver. We ordered from Sticky Fingers last night and had our food within 10 minutes.
When traveling I like to stay in the middle of the 'action, so had wanted to stay In Downtown Charlotte when I began researching hotels. In the end, saving points won out when I made my decision. BUT I am not at all disappointed. In fact, I think I prefer our location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I spent the night here recently. We arrived very tired after a long drive down from New Jersey. The front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Our room was clean and comfortable. We liked that the bath had a shower stall, no tub. The only negative would be that the walls could use a little paint, a few marks here and there, really no big deal.
The free breakfast was the usual Hampton fare, more than adequate.
Access to downtown Charleston and Patriots Point were really easy, just minutes away.
We would definitely return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I absolutely recommend this hotel!! The check-in process started with me finding out I had reserved the wrong date but they were super nice about it! Rate was higher than date I accidentally requested (weekday vs. weekend rates) but I was ok with it and they had one room left so they gave it to me. They even had the room ready for me to check-in right then - super early - since I was already there. As they worked me out, they also helped another guest who was a bit grumpy and wanting a room next to the elevator. Yes – you read that right! (Most people don’t want to be anywhere near the elevator.) This lady practically wanted to be in the elevator so she wouldn’t have to walk down a hall to her room. So they worked with her at the same time and were able to accommodate her as well. Nothing fazed them and their positive attitude. (After the other lady left I did jokingly ask if I could have a blow up mattress so I could sleep in the pool and they laughed!!)

The room was very nice, the bed comfy and the whole room was very clean! There was a nice desk in the room and window shades that blocked the light very well. The bathroom was large enough for two people to get ready in and they had great water pressure! It’s the little things I appreciate. Again they had the small really soft pillows but there were lots of them. I just brought my own pillow. Breakfast was great and the breakfast area was large and comfy. Full hotel and there was plenty of room for everyone. Add to all that the perfect, easy to access location and it was a perfect place to stay. Not far to the beach, right next to Patriot’s Point and right over the bridge from downtown. I absolutely will stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our visit started off very poorly. Although we requested a room "away from the elevators", we were put in a room beside them. I spoke with the supervisor at the front desk and he insisted there were no other rooms available. The next morning I spoke with the manager. He was wonderful, and within 30 minutes we were moved into another room. All other staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. The location is quiet and yet convenient to both the bridge to downtown Charleston and the many Mount Pleasant restaurants. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple