Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Hamilton,NJ
“Good Location”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night here recently. We arrived very tired after a long drive down from New Jersey. The front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Our room was clean and comfortable. We liked that the bath had a shower stall, no tub. The only negative would be that the walls could use a little paint, a few marks here and there, really no big deal.
The free breakfast was the usual Hampton fare, more than adequate.
Access to downtown Charleston and Patriots Point were really easy, just minutes away.
We would definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I absolutely recommend this hotel!! The check-in process started with me finding out I had reserved the wrong date but they were super nice about it! Rate was higher than date I accidentally requested (weekday vs. weekend rates) but I was ok with it and they had one room left so they gave it to me. They even had the room ready for me to check-in right then - super early - since I was already there. As they worked me out, they also helped another guest who was a bit grumpy and wanting a room next to the elevator. Yes – you read that right! (Most people don’t want to be anywhere near the elevator.) This lady practically wanted to be in the elevator so she wouldn’t have to walk down a hall to her room. So they worked with her at the same time and were able to accommodate her as well. Nothing fazed them and their positive attitude. (After the other lady left I did jokingly ask if I could have a blow up mattress so I could sleep in the pool and they laughed!!)

The room was very nice, the bed comfy and the whole room was very clean! There was a nice desk in the room and window shades that blocked the light very well. The bathroom was large enough for two people to get ready in and they had great water pressure! It’s the little things I appreciate. Again they had the small really soft pillows but there were lots of them. I just brought my own pillow. Breakfast was great and the breakfast area was large and comfy. Full hotel and there was plenty of room for everyone. Add to all that the perfect, easy to access location and it was a perfect place to stay. Not far to the beach, right next to Patriot’s Point and right over the bridge from downtown. I absolutely will stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Knightdale, North Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our visit started off very poorly. Although we requested a room "away from the elevators", we were put in a room beside them. I spoke with the supervisor at the front desk and he insisted there were no other rooms available. The next morning I spoke with the manager. He was wonderful, and within 30 minutes we were moved into another room. All other staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. The location is quiet and yet convenient to both the bridge to downtown Charleston and the many Mount Pleasant restaurants. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mission, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is centrally located - convenient to interesting boutique shopping, restaurants and bars. There is also a very interesting historical museum right across the street. The hotel itself is consistent with the other Hampton Inn's in which I've stayed - clean, friendly, and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Columbia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

All the staff members from the front desk and housekeeping were very helpful and very informative with all the places we needed to go specially Fabian and Joan they were professionally dressed I like to see well dressed people like that you should have all the front desk employees dress like that it make your bussiness very up scale, and the lady that come to help with breakfast she was heavy set she needs to dress up for her postion being an Assissant General Manager. Maintaince men were helpful with the AC. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and we will be coming back again.

Room Tip: The beds were very nice and the room smelt very fresh and clean. And Brenda loved her singing every...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This Hampton Inn is one of their best, and quite reasonable for the location and the quality of the accommodations. It is easy to get to from,and close to, Charleston, SC. The staff is excellent....and go out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our room was large and comfortable with a super comfy king size bed. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the maid service. wifi was fast and easy to use. Everything was very close, including the shopping district, the bay and the beach. Breakfast was great and an excellent start to our day. We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple