“Great Place to Stay while visiting Charleston” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point

Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Knoxville, TN
“Great Place to Stay while visiting Charleston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to visit Charleston but not have to pay as much as you would if you stay in the city. It is literally right off the Ravenel Bridge. Taxis to downtown Charleston are not very expensive and are often cheaper than driving into town and paying for parking. I've stayed in downtown Charleston several times, but I think this will be my new hotel when I visit. Plus, Mount Pleasant shouldn't be ignored while in Charleston. There are some great waterfront dining near the hotel as well.
This hotel is like most Hampton Inn's. Nothing too fancy, but clean and nice. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is also a plus.
My only complaint is that the hotel thermostat wouldn't go below 68 degrees. I know that's not a big complaint, but I like it cold at night. I can understand why it is limited though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hunt Valley, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Booked this hotel for a two day excursion to Charleston/Mount Pleasant area. The hotel is conveniently located right over the bridge from Charleston proper and very close to the Patriot's Point activities. We arrived at 4PM and were greeted by the very kind and super helpful Cynthia. She informed us that our room was not ready (as they had been full the night before). No problem as we were going to go downtown. We asked her not to give our room away and were assured that it wouldn't happen.

We got back to the hotel at 10:30PM and when we went to check in to be told (not by Cynthis - a new gentleman) that the room we requested was not available! We did get a room however. When we asked the gentlemen at the desk why we didn't get the room we wanted we were met with a big stare...

Anyway, it was late, we were tired. The room we did get was very nice. Big bed, clean bedding, clean bathrooms (showers a bit dated but functioned very well). Downstairs they have the lovely Hampton amenities (coffee, free light breakfast etc.). Our room looked out onto the pool which we did not use, but it looked clean and nice (although smaller). Check out was a cinch.

If you are traveling for business or pleasure in this area I would suggest this hotel. Very convenient (you can be downtown in 10 minutes or less). Friendly (well except for that stare we got!) staff. Clean, fresh hotel. Not dated in my opinion (the standard sliding glass showers could stand an update). Oh, free Wi-Fi (can't beat that).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vanessa G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

You almost always know what you're going to get with a Hampton Inn and this property is no exception. Clean room, good beds, all the necessities, etc. Refrigerator and microwave were an unexpected bonus (guess I didn't read about them in the amenities but it made us happy). Our room here even had a nice work area with a desk, good lighting and comfortable chair. We were greeted by a very professional desk clerk who made sure to point out all of the features of the hotel and some resources for the local area. We would definitely stay here agan if given the opportunity.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Arrived for a one night park and cruise out of Charleston Harbor at that time I noticed I had booked for the wrong night... AHHHH! However, the night manager graciously let us rebook the rooms!

Additionally there was a great buffet breakfast and a nice room for the price.

Car was safe the entire cruise. And Cruise and Park was only $20 additional per passenger traveling.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank MyOpinionsVA
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

The hotel (location, rooms, breakfast) are all good as advertised and reviewed. The only problems I had with my room is that the water would run brown a little first before turning clear and there was some paneling on the desk that was peeling off. The service, on the other hand was a bit of a let down. I had higher expectations after reading some of the reviews. The front desk and breakfast staff were not friendly though. I wonder if it was because of the Christmas holiday or if that's just how it is. They weren't rude, they just didn't go above and beyond to make you feel welcome (especially for guests having to be in a hotel on Christmas). I would stay here again though, if the price was right.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wkopp
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at this Hampton Inn upon our return from a one-week trip. The highway immediately around the hotel has been under construction or what seems to be 5 years or more. Despite the road work, the Hampton Inn was a good experience. It was fairly easy to get in and out of the place. This Hampton location (as with most others that we have stayed in) was clean and well maintained. The staff were totally professional and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was adequate for starting the day off with although we would have both preferred a few more choice like hot biscuits, sausage patties, etc. Their scrambled eggs were not tasty at all. My wife and I both commented on how friendly everyone was around the place - both hotel employees and their guests. It made for a very pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Allan H
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We finally hit the homerun! With a child at the College of Charleston, I made the trip to South Carolina multiple times every year. If I didn't need to collapse from exhaustion in Wild Dunes for a week or so, I was generally in the area for only a 2 night stay filled with endless shopping and running around for college "stuff"... this meant everything from Target to Gwynn's, KMart to King Street. Needless to say, little time was spent in the room. My goal on every trip was to find convenient, clean yet reasonable accomodations. I am sorry that I didn't find this Hampton Inn sooner. I literally stayed at over a dozen different places over four years, having made the trip multiple times per year. Public parking in downtown is well marked and inexpensive. It was easy for me to park my car and eat at S.N.O.B's or High Cotton or toward King you can use the lot at the Charleston Place to walk to Poogan's Porch or Husk. Regardless, staying in Mt. Pleasant is not an inconvenience. After three stays at this particular hotel, I can tell you that the front desk was friendly (love the lemonade and cookies that greet you), the breakfast was perfectly acceptable and my room was exceptional on one stay and acceptable on the other two. Exceptional meant that everything was pristine, acceptable meant that although clean, there was evident "wear and tear". I had seen FAR worse at a 3 and 4star hotel stay from a previous trip. All things considered, I wish I had found this little gem long before she graduated, not the year she left!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family