This is a great place to stay if you want to visit Charleston but not have to pay as much as you would if you stay in the city. It is literally right off the Ravenel Bridge. Taxis to downtown Charleston are not very expensive and are often cheaper than driving into town and paying for parking. I've stayed in downtown Charleston several times, but I think this will be my new hotel when I visit. Plus, Mount Pleasant shouldn't be ignored while in Charleston. There are some great waterfront dining near the hotel as well.
This hotel is like most Hampton Inn's. Nothing too fancy, but clean and nice. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is also a plus.
My only complaint is that the hotel thermostat wouldn't go below 68 degrees. I know that's not a big complaint, but I like it cold at night. I can understand why it is limited though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point hotel is located just across the Ravenel Bridge from historic Charleston, South Carolina. Patriots Point attractions are within walking distance from our hotel. Enjoy the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier, as well as a submarine and twenty-five other aircraft. Visit Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, as well as the Charleston Museum, the oldest museum in the United States. Enjoy your free hot breakfast as part of a great, relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston / Mt Pleasant - Patriots Point Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Hampton Inn Patriots Point
- Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Hampton Inn