Booked this hotel for a two day excursion to Charleston/Mount Pleasant area. The hotel is conveniently located right over the bridge from Charleston proper and very close to the Patriot's Point activities. We arrived at 4PM and were greeted by the very kind and super helpful Cynthia. She informed us that our room was not ready (as they had been full the night before). No problem as we were going to go downtown. We asked her not to give our room away and were assured that it wouldn't happen.
We got back to the hotel at 10:30PM and when we went to check in to be told (not by Cynthis - a new gentleman) that the room we requested was not available! We did get a room however. When we asked the gentlemen at the desk why we didn't get the room we wanted we were met with a big stare...
Anyway, it was late, we were tired. The room we did get was very nice. Big bed, clean bedding, clean bathrooms (showers a bit dated but functioned very well). Downstairs they have the lovely Hampton amenities (coffee, free light breakfast etc.). Our room looked out onto the pool which we did not use, but it looked clean and nice (although smaller). Check out was a cinch.
If you are traveling for business or pleasure in this area I would suggest this hotel. Very convenient (you can be downtown in 10 minutes or less). Friendly (well except for that stare we got!) staff. Clean, fresh hotel. Not dated in my opinion (the standard sliding glass showers could stand an update). Oh, free Wi-Fi (can't beat that).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point hotel is located just across the Ravenel Bridge from historic Charleston, South Carolina. Patriots Point attractions are within walking distance from our hotel. Enjoy the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier, as well as a submarine and twenty-five other aircraft. Visit Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, as well as the Charleston Museum, the oldest museum in the United States. Enjoy your free hot breakfast as part of a great, relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston / Mt Pleasant - Patriots Point Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Hampton Inn Patriots Point
- Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Hampton Inn