We finally hit the homerun! With a child at the College of Charleston, I made the trip to South Carolina multiple times every year. If I didn't need to collapse from exhaustion in Wild Dunes for a week or so, I was generally in the area for only a 2 night stay filled with endless shopping and running around for college "stuff"... this meant everything from Target to Gwynn's, KMart to King Street. Needless to say, little time was spent in the room. My goal on every trip was to find convenient, clean yet reasonable accomodations. I am sorry that I didn't find this Hampton Inn sooner. I literally stayed at over a dozen different places over four years, having made the trip multiple times per year. Public parking in downtown is well marked and inexpensive. It was easy for me to park my car and eat at S.N.O.B's or High Cotton or toward King you can use the lot at the Charleston Place to walk to Poogan's Porch or Husk. Regardless, staying in Mt. Pleasant is not an inconvenience. After three stays at this particular hotel, I can tell you that the front desk was friendly (love the lemonade and cookies that greet you), the breakfast was perfectly acceptable and my room was exceptional on one stay and acceptable on the other two. Exceptional meant that everything was pristine, acceptable meant that although clean, there was evident "wear and tear". I had seen FAR worse at a 3 and 4star hotel stay from a previous trip. All things considered, I wish I had found this little gem long before she graduated, not the year she left!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point hotel is located just across the Ravenel Bridge from historic Charleston, South Carolina. Patriots Point attractions are within walking distance from our hotel. Enjoy the USS Yorktown Aircraft Carrier, as well as a submarine and twenty-five other aircraft. Visit Fort Sumter, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, as well as the Charleston Museum, the oldest museum in the United States. Enjoy your free hot breakfast as part of a great, relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Charleston / Mt Pleasant - Patriots Point Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Hampton Inn Patriots Point
- Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Hampton Inn