“Not in Historic District**But Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point

Hampton Inn Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Patriots Point
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Florida
“Not in Historic District**But Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We chose this Hampton Inn in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, beause we hate to throw our money into a room, that we basically just use for sleeping and bathing. During the day we're sightseeing, and with Hampton Inns you know what you're going to get. A clean well appointed room, with modern ameneties and a good hot breakfast in the mornings. The staff was very helpful, specially Cynthia at front desk. She was so nice to handle a request to cut our trip short by one day. The hotel even though not in historic downtown, was a 10 min. car ride from it. The only negative, was that the hotel was a bit tricky to get to, with the mapquest directions. But once you find it, it was not hard to get in & out every day. By the way, we enjoyed crossing the magnificent Ravele bridge to get to Charleston.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

After bicycling 89 miles from Pawley's Island SC, we were greated by a very bubbly, smiling Latoya at this hotel. She was wonderful. We had made several special requests on our reservation, and she made sure we had everything we had requested. The lemonade and cookies in the lobby were great too. We highly recommend this property, especially if you are interested in the location close to Patriot's Point. The room was first class, spotless, and very quiet. Thanks again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funhogs2
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in early May. I liked the place, and although I'd stay again--it saved a good $100/night over staying in old Charleston, and is a quick drive to there--the staff were time and again polite but clueless most of the time. My right (dominant) shoulder was out of commission and in a sling due to a severe injury, so I stayed in a handicapped room so the handles could help me in the bathroom. After checking in, I asked the night front desk clerk if I should walk or drive to Patriots' Point. After all, "Patriots' Point" is in the name of his hotel. He suggested I walk there, saying "I think it's about a mile." That seemed rather far to walk in heat and humidity, especially with a sling on, so I asked if it was somewhat more or less than a mile, or if parking was expensive or difficult. He said he'd never been there before, so I thought I'd ask the morning clerk.
When I got to the room, the door was very stiff and hard to open. Also, the toilet was running continuously. Was the housekeeper stone-deaf that she couldn't have reported that? A repair was done promptly, although it was temporary. The next day I asked the clerk about going to Patriots' Point, and she had even less of an idea that the night clerk. I also asked if there was something they could do about the front door, especially since I was in a handicapped room. It was difficult enough for me, and I can't imagine that someone in a wheelchair could have opened that door. Nothing they could do about that. Interestingly, I overheard other guests complain about the stiff doors, so it's apparently a common complaint.
Fortunately, it didn't take long to find fellow guests at breakfast who'd taken the Patriots' Point ferry to Fort Sumter (start of the Civil War), and they advised me to drive and pay the $5 parking fee. Managers, please inform your staff that the distance, according to my GPS, is exactly 2.0 km or 1.25 mile, and that parking is $5 all day. I also asked the staff to look into a large red stain in the carpet next to the bed. The stain was neither removed nor otherwise later commented on. I would have been satisfied with a note such as "We were unsuccessful in removing this stain at this time. It doesn't appear to be blood, and we'll work on it with other equipment later."
Other than that, I actually enjoyed my stay here. Other than the stain next to the bed, the room was clean, roomy, and everything (but the toilet) worked fine. I would have preferred plastic to paper cups, but there was plenty of work space, and the internet connection was swift enough. Breakfasts were standard for Hampton Inns--filling, warm, well-replenished, although quite SYSCO-ish. The rooms were quiet and well-insulated from sounds from both other rooms and the hallway. I'm a light sleeper and didn't need earplugs.
When I checked out, they promptly had someone help me get my suitcase into the trunk of my car, which I couldn't do myself. I tipped $5. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for "low-maintenance" guests who want a quiet, comfortable place, and don't need much help from staff. Just be sure you have a strong right arm to open the front door!

Room Tip: No need to worry about which side your room is on. The hotel is on a very quiet street and all rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Auburn, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Recently my wife, daughter and I stayed at this Hampton for a long weekend. The hotel is located on an out-parcel of an upscale shopping area. We were checked in by a very nice and well trained lady. Our room was a suite on the third floor. The suite consisted of a kitchenette/living room and a bedroom with an attached bath. First, the negatives. The furniture is a bit worn with visible chipping and loose knobs and pulls. Also, the closet door was nearly non-functional and there were not enough electrical outlets conveniently placed to charge electronics. The good, however, outweighs those negatives. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the kitchen functional, the bath and shower were clean and functional, and the a/c kept the rooms comfortable. Breakfast was decent and there were afternoon cookies available. The pool looked very inviting but we didn't have time to enjoy it. This hotel is convenient to downtown Charleston and to several beach areas. Overall this was an enjoyable stay with a decent room and a quality staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

Used this hotel for a 'Sail & Cruise' package & it was wonderful! A nice exercise room, computer room (to catch up on home family), great free breakfast & excellent service to ship port & pick up when cruise was over. Great location to visit nearby islands (Sullivan's & Isle of Palms) & Charleston historic district. Clean, good beds & friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sam414
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hampton Inn's have become my favorite hotel. Not only is this one in a convenient location to both historic down town and Sullivan's Island, it's right off the main road so it makes it really easy to get to the main road to get to and from other attractions. The price is decent, and it includes the "oh so elusive" continental breakfast, which is really good. This is my go-to place when I spend time in Charleston.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cass20
Paulsboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

we stayed here as the price is much better than trying to stay in town. Clean and just a few minutes from everything you need to see.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple