“My Stay at Clarion Inn Mt. Pleasant S.C.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston

You added Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston to your Saves list
Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 (Formerly Rodeway Inn Mount Pleasant)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“My Stay at Clarion Inn Mt. Pleasant S.C.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

16-19 May 2014. I had read negative reviews, but thought I would see for myself. Requested accessible room. When my daughter and I arrived, the ladies at the desk greeted me with smiles and my room number. I remember one of the ladies was Katrina and the other Ladeya or similar. Room was clean and parking outstanding for a disabled guest. As I had already read in reviews,the breakfast was fine but seating terrible. Area is too small for guests. We had a nice stay and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Great location. Just be careful not to great in bridge lane unless you want to go to Charleston
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
PriyaAP, General Manager at Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear stang97,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

A nice little hotel. The rooms were very clean and the staff was really friendly. Great price! Probably not the ideal location if you're going into Charleston a lot, but perfect for the Mt. Pleasant area.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear malimac,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again!
Oakville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Was not impressed as it was meant to be renovated recently. Bathroom was not nice at all and that always puts me off. Bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were not very savvy - I asked about bus tours and was told there weren't any - I thought this very strange. When I looked further (after having booked a cab) there were leaflets on bus tours. At this point, someone who did know cancelled the cab and arranged for the tour company to pick us up. All front desk staff should know these things.

Room Tip: I can't give one
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gloria H
PriyaAP, General Manager at Clarion Inn - Mt Pleasant/Charleston, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Dear Gloria H.,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Nice place to stay, room clean, nice service and very good location. Good consideration for senior citizens give us nice first floor room with parking in from of the room. Breakfast included, internet and much more. Hotel recently remodeled. I'm personal recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear lcolon061,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate your business and I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. we hope to see you again soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed here with a group. The first night our group had five rooms. Three rooms had broken/ non functioning ac units. We had to move our family to another room at 10:30 at night and the response was basically oh well, come get a new key. No apology. When we got to the new room it was also hot and had to wait 45 minutes for it to cool down. We opened the mini fridge and a bag of chick fil a waffle fries fell out left by a previous family. There was a used bar of soap in the shower in the already disgusting tub. The tub was rusty, definitely not something I could give my kids a bath in. We complained and the hotel response was to give us a $25 credit...really. The bottom of the hotel pool is really rough. Our little ones complained about their feet hurting. We should have paid better attention to other reviews and chose another hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank SLG08
Dear SLG08,

Catoosa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Just like the previous reviews I read. This hotel entrance to the rooms is from the outside on all rooms. No elevators, so be cautious if you have trouble with stairs. However, the location is great and it appears to be in a good area. The price was adequate for the hotel. This is not a 3 star hotel but worth giving it a try for the price, cleanliness and location. The bed slept fine. The bathtub drain piece had been broke off but it seemed to work fine. The tub had a crack in it but I did not notice it leaking out at a fast pace. We did report this issue. I try to do good research when I travel, we are economical, so this is a decent hotel for the economical people. I think you would be satisfied. Easy access to downtown.

Room Tip: Try to get downstairs if you have trouble with stairs. You will have to carry your luggage up and do...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladavis17
Dear ladavis17,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate your business, and I am happy to tell you that all of our tubs now have been redone and/or replaced. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again!
Richmond, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This hotel has just finished a complete remodel. My family has stayed at this hotel several time in the past. Several times during the remodel , had a few complaints during these stays but this was time great----will be back. We stay here when we take a cruise out of Charleston.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joe J.,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We truly value your ongoing business and we hope to see you again very soon. Thanks again!