“Pleasantly surprised in Mt Pleasant”
Review of Bacco

Bacco
Ranked #44 of 350 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Fresh, real Italian food in Mt Pleasant! Hand-made pasta and sauces, delicious recipes. We had 11 people in our party and not one of us received a dish we didn't like. The dessert was fab too!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great wine, great happy hour gnocchi and a wonderful bartender. Lovely little place, we will be back.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife found Bacco by accident and what a find! We stayed at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina during our 4 night mini-vacation to Charleston so we didn't want to return to city for dinner. This restaurant was close to the resort and very convenient.

Several years ago, we vacationed in Tuscany and the flavors of their food were outstanding - the best we've ever experienced. Well, Bacco's food reminded us of that visit. My wife had the lasagna and it was the best I've tasted at any restaurant (and I'm from northern New Jersey where Italian restaurants reside on just about every block). I had the sausage on top of lentils - wonderful and full of flavor!!! We each had a 1/2 liter of wine (one red and one white) with a bill totaling about $100 with an appetizer and gratuity.

The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere adorned with scenes from Italy. Reasonable priced entrees and the good food made for a great evening. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Bacco may not have the waterfront view or historic ambiance of a downtown Charleston restaurant, but if you are a serious Italian foodie, this is the place for you. Freshly made pasta, house-made (and delicious!) mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette, and pizza dough, as well as tasty sgroppino prepared by the hands-on chef-owner. Be sure to try the oven-roasted olives.

1  Thank LordPercyPercy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you like homemade pasta I would highly recommend Baccos. Plus they have a very nice wine list. Personally, may favorite is the telephono pasta and my husband typically gets the eggplant parma - but we occasionally make other choices. I would highly recommend the oven roasted olives - they are fabulous. If the roasted pork comes back on the menu (with the cannelli beans) that will be my new 'favorite'. This restaurant is a great find - provides a good meal at a reasonable price (good value).