Bacco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife found Bacco by accident and what a find! We stayed at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina during our 4 night mini-vacation to Charleston so we didn't want to return to city for dinner. This restaurant was close to the resort and very convenient.

Several years ago, we vacationed in Tuscany and the flavors of their food were outstanding - the best we've ever experienced. Well, Bacco's food reminded us of that visit. My wife had the lasagna and it was the best I've tasted at any restaurant (and I'm from northern New Jersey where Italian restaurants reside on just about every block). I had the sausage on top of lentils - wonderful and full of flavor!!! We each had a 1/2 liter of wine (one red and one white) with a bill totaling about $100 with an appetizer and gratuity.

The restaurant had a very nice atmosphere adorned with scenes from Italy. Reasonable priced entrees and the good food made for a great evening. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Bacco may not have the waterfront view or historic ambiance of a downtown Charleston restaurant, but if you are a serious Italian foodie, this is the place for you. Freshly made pasta, house-made (and delicious!) mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette, and pizza dough, as well as tasty sgroppino prepared by the hands-on chef-owner. Be sure to try the oven-roasted olives.

1  Thank LordPercyPercy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you like homemade pasta I would highly recommend Baccos. Plus they have a very nice wine list. Personally, may favorite is the telephono pasta and my husband typically gets the eggplant parma - but we occasionally make other choices. I would highly recommend the oven roasted olives - they are fabulous. If the roasted pork comes back on the menu (with the cannelli beans) that will be my new 'favorite'. This restaurant is a great find - provides a good meal at a reasonable price (good value).

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Very good, very traditional Italian food in a comfortable atmosphere. I can't vouch for the entire menu but my lunch of wide, flat pasta with tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella and basil was delicious and I will definitely return. Locatd in a cute shopping plaza just off Houston Northcut in Moint Pleasant, the restaurant features al fresco dining and it's a very quick hop over the bridge from Charleston. Open lunch and dinner.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had lunch with my husband on Friday at Bacco after reading review in Charleston Home Design Magazine. Menu was very limited. Took server advice on what to order. We were told to order large portions because it would be so good we would want leftovers.. I had the eggplant parm. I was cold and dry edges.A bad reheat. My husband had the gnocchi. UGH. He could not eat it. WE brought it home and through it away.Server said she brought it home for her husband and add cream.She raved about the food.I guess she just does't know good food? I would miss this place. Sooo disappointed.This was a $60.00 bad lunch.

3  Thank DonnaV90