“Disappointed by the lack of professionalism and customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Drum

Red Drum
Ranked #27 of 324 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pherigo
Rome, NY
“Disappointed by the lack of professionalism and customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I will start this review by stating that this review has nothing to do with the quality of the food, because unfortunately we never actually ate at the restaurant. I had contacted the Red Drum regarding a reservation for a large group. We were planning to have a nice dinner with a few close family and friends following our informal wedding ceremony and had heard wonderful things about the Red Drum. The special events coordinator responded to my email and said that we could reserve the wine room for our group and that all that was needed for the reservation was a name and a phone number. This met our needs perfectly and we were very excited to reserve the room and celebrate our special day at the Red Drum. Unfortunately, the special events coordinator was very difficult to work with and very hard to get in touch with. It was almost impossible to get in touch with her by telephone, so most of our communication was through email. A few days before our wedding day, several new terms for our reservation were thrown at us. These terms had never been previously discussed or shared, and required us to spend more money than we had planned on spending. The special events coordinator informed me that this "was what she got paid for." We were devastated because we could not meet the terms and were only a few days away from our celebration. Thankfully another Mt. Pleasant restaurant stepped up to the plate and provided us with service and food. I did write a letter to the owner of the Red Drum detailing my disappointment and my frustrations. I will give credit to Mr. Berryhill for contacting me to acknowledge the receipt of my letter and to express his distress over my negative experience with my interactions with the Red Drum. Unfortunately, he promised to follow up on the issues detailed in my letter and to get back in touch with me after he had followed up, but there was never any follow up. So, in conclusion, the food may or may not be wonderful, but I can not recommend planning your special event at the Red Drum.

Visited April 2014

“Best service and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We love Red Drum. They have steak frites with red wine butter sauce and it is amazing. Also on Sundays they have brunch and they make their own doughnuts. The services is excellent. Atmosphere is great. And they have live music sometimes. They also have an outdoor patio.

• Visited February 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great southern mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had tile fish for the first time and it was fantastic. My husband had a steak that was delicious. A little pricey but very good.

Visited October 2013
Smyrna, Georgia
“Family Enjoyment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We dined here for breakfast and the family enjoyed it all! Get the bottomless bellini or the bottomless mimosa. Everything else is a no brainer.

Visited March 2014
New Hartford, New York
“Outstanding entree”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We travel frequently and have had many a good meal in some great places in the US and abroad. This was our first time at this restaurant and won't be our last. The service was great and the meal outstanding. I had the special, tilefish with a side of green beans and sweet corn pudding (served in the husk). The flavors blended perfectly together. Nice atmosphere and very welcoming staff.

• Visited March 2014