“Location, food.”
Review of Red Drum

Red Drum
Ranked #31 of 338 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pherigo
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“Location, food.”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Favorite place in Mt. Pleasant and always delicious food. Ben is a great chef and has an excellent staff. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2014

North Salem, New York
“Very good experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Despite the mediocre reviews, we had a wonderful dining experience. Not sure why there is all of the negativity. We had excellent service and very good food. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Maybe they went thru a tough time recently.

Visited February 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Meal, Mediocre Value”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Really good food, I got a surf and turf and my wife got a seafood dish. The steak was great and the shrimp and scallop were well prepared.. when I say shrimp and scallop I mean that singularly, they served me a shrimp and a scallop, seems a bit stingy for a dish in the $50-60 range. awesome beer and wine list.

• Visited December 2013
Charleston, SC
“Great Chicken Enchiladas.... hold the bones, please”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love their chicken enchiladas..... they are scrumptious to this former New Mexican, however on two occasions I have gotten bones in a bite. This is very off putting, awkward to deal with at a dining table and easily avoided by being more careful in kitchen prep. I will be inspecting my plate carefully when I decide I'm up for giving it another try.

• Visited December 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Promised gift cert after complaint - never came”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Dreadful service and after tasting steak which was not as ordered it was swopped with another diner's who had also tasted her's instead of being returned to kitchen for recooking. I was flabbergasted but since it was a large party didn't want to make a fuss. Complained to manager by phone later who said would send gift certificate but it never came.

Visited December 2013