“Excellent Food, Great Service”
Review of Red Drum

Red Drum
Ranked #29 of 342 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pherigo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Food was great as well as the service. Cornish hen was done perfect. Perfect atmosphere, we will return!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Dined with friends and were mostly pleased. Food was very good but found the portions a bit small for the price. Two of us had barbequed shrip and the others had a tile fish special--most entrees were in the $30 range. Salads were a bit pricey as well so it was an enpensive meal. On a chilly South Carolina evening, we appreciated a table in front of the fireplace. Our server was nice and very attentive but nothing about the place was really outstanding We will not likely return.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We met some friends who recommended the Red Drum. Very friendly service (our friends were regulars but still....). My wife and I had the filet and it was excellent. I got the french fries and they may have been the best I have ever eaten. Wow, really good! Our other friends got the burger and they were also excellent. Attentive service, a little noisy for us old folks but definitely a place you should not miss.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had booked for Sunday lunch and arrived to find the bar and restaurant doing a roaring trade. We managed to snag the slightly more exclusive wine room, and though we were only six, it could have seated twenty. Service was attentive and super efficient and I look forward to returning to really try the menu. In the event we all chose identically - skirt steak, eggs, hash browns and biscuits. Not a great challenge for the chef, but all plates were well-presented and faultless. (A rookie mistake was to order rare. Anyone knows Skirt needs a bit extra cooking!)
I will definitely return, but this time a taxi-ride over the beautiful new bridge is called for. The wine list was enticing and needs further examination.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

An admitted food snob, I moved from Chicago to Charleston 3 years ago. After all I've heard and read about Red Drum, I anticipated a very special "experience." First, the valet was terrific. The restaurant atmosphere is dark & dim, though not charming or stylish, with heavy black velvet patterned draperies--most unusual in this area. The place could use some significant artwork for interest. As for the food, our entrees of barbequed shrimp and tile fish were tasty though nothing out of the ordinary, small servings and at $30.00 per entree, pricey. Our drinks, salad and dessert were good. Service was mediocre. Overall, my friend and I enjoyed our meal though it's unlikely either of us would return. Charleston's restaurants are renowned for their fabulous, unique ambiance, exceptional food and attentive service. Unfortunately, Red Drum was disappointing.

1  Thank RosanaDana