“Highly recommend for an out of the way spot in Mt. Pleasant”
Review of Five Loaves Cafe

Five Loaves Cafe
Ranked #18 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: In the Crickentree village shopping center off of HWY 17 and Anna knapp blvd Locally sourced foods using anti-biotic free meats, gluten free and vegetarian friendly menu.
Charleston, SC
“Highly recommend for an out of the way spot in Mt. Pleasant”
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Went on a recent Thursday evening. Arrived right at 6 p.m. and was the second table. Before we left, the spot was almost full to the max. Only two servers for the whole place, but overall service as attentive. Had a bowl of the chicken chli with lime and cilantro. Wow. Large shards of pulled chicken in a light, flavorful broth with black beans and corn. Absolutely yummy flavor combinations in the soup. And for only 5.50. Amazing value. For an appetizer, shared the grilled eggplant with goat cheese filing. Rich, wonderful texture, but too much for one person. Glad I shared, but even then couldn't finish it. Had a bottle of a Meritage for 28.00. Also great value and complement to a coldish weeknight. Really quite the gem of a place and terrific value.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good deals. Can't...”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Very good deals. Can't beat soup/salad/sandwich combos. Desert menu is wonderful.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
“Great lunch”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Nice interior design, look forward to going for dinner, menu and wine list looked good. Delicious selection of soups, had a sampler of 3 and a salad (for under $8!!), perfect for lunch in a nice surrounding

Charleston, SC
“My New Favorite!”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

We stopped at Five Loaves for lunch - didn't really know what to expect (I'm the first reviewer for the Mt. Pleasant location). Five Loaves is in a ***Very*** hidden location in a shopping center called "Crickentree Village" off Hwy 17 in Mt. Pleasant. If you take the "feeder" road near KMart and go south, go left into the shopping center and then look for the hidden corner of the shopping center.
So when we got there, we were surprised how many people were dining at this establishment on a lunch weekday. It seemed that "most" of the people were doctors and nurses, since the local hospital is so near by. Lots of people came in for take-outs, and the take-outs were filled with styrofoam boxes. Too many to count.
The menu is pretty simple - which I like. Pick one soup and a salad, or a soup and a sandwich, or a salad and a sandwich - all the same price (I think about $7.50). I'd guess they had about 8 of each - (soup selections, salad selections, sandwich selections). I had the Ham and Brie - yum - and the cesar salad (the chicken on it was a meal in itself - warning!) DH had their BLT I think, same salad, he enjoyed it. Contemplated the Tarragon Crab soup - maybe next time.
I have to say - the place was very busy and the only reason I'm not giving this place a 5 is b/c of the service. The waitress had a strange expression on her face whenever she took an order from anyone. It seemed a chore to keep up with refilling teas, etc. DH asked for more tea and it really never came in time before we had to leave. I'm sure we'll go back - maybe for dinner - maybe we'll bring our own water bottles just in case.

1 Thank CultureHound