“Friendly Staff... Quick service from the kitchen”
Review of MOSAIC Restaurant Charleston - CLOSED

MOSAIC Restaurant Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Isle of Palms Connector
Description: Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic California / Mediterranean is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Friendly Staff... Quick service from the kitchen”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our waitress was Taryn. She was pleasant and attentive. I made a few personal requests (dressing on the side, extra feta cheese) and they were handled with a smile. Bread before dinner was a nice treat.. hot out of the oven and w/ a crispy outer layer. Warm infused butter was also offered. That believe it or not was the highlight of the dinner.

My wife and I had the same order of a Lamb Pita dish (mine with the home styled potato salad and my wife opted for the grilled potatoes). The lamb was sliced a bit thick for what one would expect from a Gyro or Lebanese Shawarma.. which is usually thinly shaved meat, tender and exploding with flavor (that unfortunately we did not experience here). We were fighting the overly thick and flavorless meat and if not for the other ingredients in the pita would have been relegated to the side of the plate.

Our young daughter opted for the pasta w/ butter (we tasted to be able to review... the pasta was cooked just right, not overdone) but it is rather a boring plate. Kids will be kids. Don't judge this place on that kids menu item.

Total for three came to $31.90 with nothing but water as a beverage.

There was the Taste of Charleston going on with 3 courses for $30/person. Think we will pass on that for now. Likely to try this place again with another menu item.

Saleeby Score: 6/10

www.mosaicedibles.com

• Visited January 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Healthy options”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a good dinner experience at Mosaic, but while the food was very good nothing stood out. I appreciated that there were healthier items on the menu (under 450 calories) and a number of vegetarian options. The atmosphere was casual, food was very well priced and service was great. I would probably eat there again if I happened to be nearby.

• Visited December 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Food was great for the money”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nothing to write home about. I had the shrimp wrap and wife had the soup and salad. Would have like to seen more shrimp in the wrap. Lisa liked the soup. New decor makes the place a nice spot for a business luncheon. Will go back one day for another lunch but with all the other options, it might be awhile.

• Visited December 2012
“Excellent Double Date”
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My Fiancé and I planned a double date night with some friends and decided to start out with dinner and cocktails at Mosaic. Let me start out by first saying that the cocktails were a delight and at a great price being that it was still Happy Hour (about $5 per drink). We finally got around to ordering our food. I ordered the Seafood Mac and Cheese which I thought was phenomenal. My fiancé ordered Beef Medallions which were cooked just right and quite tasty. The atmosphere at the establishment was very inviting of good conversation with modern decor and medium lighting. Everyone at the table enjoyed the meal and the Value really cannot be beaten. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Very nice lunch spot”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great salad options - the Super Fit Salad was fresh and delicious. Wait staff was personable and attentive. Couple nice outdoor tables to sit if weather permits.

• Visited November 2012