“french toast to die for”
Review of MOSAIC Restaurant Charleston - CLOSED

MOSAIC Restaurant Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Isle of Palms Connector
Description: Serving lunch and dinner daily as well as Sunday brunch. Full bar with extensive beer, specialty cocktail and wine list. Beautiful patio dining available when weather allows. Opened since 1994, our mission has been to effectively nourish body and soul while preserving the highest level of quality and value. The open kitchen and upscale atmosphere of eclectic California / Mediterranean is designed to provide healthy fare in a casual, full service environment.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Best french toast I've ever had. We had brunch here after my wedding and they reserved a large table for us and everyone was really happy with what they ordered.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Dinner in a little mall isn't where you expect to have some of the best food on a trip to Charleston but it was. Patient and helpful wait staff along with great tasting food was our experience. Loved the beef tenders in the dry rub!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a cute little cafe in Mt. Pleasant near Towne Center and several hotels. My friends and I have been there for lunch several times and really loved it. The menu selection is small but we didn't mind. Their salads and sandwiches are healthy and delicious. I loved the ranberry coleslaw. Our service was attentive and friendly. Did not have any of the problems that another reviewer had!! I will go there again and again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I visited Mosaic Cafe while we were recently in Mount Pleasant on vacation. It was extremely close to our hotel (walking distance) and we were looking for something a little nicer for dinner. It was a Saturday night and they weren't crowded.

The menu is small, but there is still a variety of choices. My husband had the Smoked Gouda Pimento Angus burger with the grilled potatoes as a side (both of which were very good). I had the Chicken Caprese sandwich with potato salad and both were fantastic. The food is fresh and inventive, not your basic chicken salad shoved in a pita type of cafe/deli.

The restaurant was clean and tidy, a little chic. Our server was very professional and kind. I would have loved to try a dessert (they all looked good), but I was stuffed. The meals at Mosaic aren't 'huge', but they are filling. If you are looking to gorge yourself, then head to Golden Corral, not a place like this.

I would have loved to try their brunch, but we were leaving out early the next day.

One note, they do add cinnamon to their sweet tea. It might sound crazy, but it is actually refreshing and different. I saw some previous reviews where people were upset by this, so just an FYI...maybe they offer it without also.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Just a bad dinner experience...always great lunches so we thought we would try dinner. Couple beside us left because of no one coming to table, they weren't even busy...never seen that kind of poor service at lunch...we ordered and my sicken dish suppose to have had s lemon sauce, instead was bland brown sauce...the guy that said he was manager said guys in back changed recipe? What?

When I sent back heard them laughing in cooking area as they talked about what they were doing that night...dates pasta was ok....I didn't eat, still charged me. Maybe owners have changed will not be back