“Nice stay. No complaints”

Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a rather nice Courtyard. Location ia easy to make in and our and getting to Charleston ia easy.

The hotel has an outside pool and hot tub (didn't use them though) and free wifi everywhere and a bar. The morning buffet is good for $10.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Friendly service. When we checked in, they did not tell us they had put us in a handicap room, we went back to front desk and they changed our room to a regular. They were very nice about it. Also they were great in recommending local restaraunts. Plenty of parking and close to door. Everything was clean. No problems. This was the second time we stayed here because we liked it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

It was slightly tricky to find the hotel coming in from 526 (the hotel is at the back of a strip mall) and we wound up looping around once, but we got there with no problem on the second pass. The hotel itself seems both older and newer than its ten years. At first we thought it was rebranded and remodeled as a Courtyard, but it's really a credit to it that it still looks fresh.

Breakfast was unbelievable -- so much to choose from that it's almost hard to deal with. All very good.

It was a good location once we got our bearings. Anyone with a few minutes to spare should check out the Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park just about 10 minutes away. If you can get there to see sunset over the river, looking up at the bridge, it's gorgeous.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

as a veteran hotel manager, I tend to be a little hard to please at hotels since I look a little closer at some services that others may not know to look for; however, this hotel was amazing. When I admired the mild weather in October (I'm from Ohio!!) I was upgraded at check in to a nice room with french doors opening up to a balcony. I also needed assistance in printing a document, which I could not access at the business center computer and the front desk agent did everything she could to assist me, including trying to print my document at the front desk computer. The document I was trying to print was a UPS shipping label, and we were unsuccessful in ever getting it printed, but the Assistant General Manager was able to ship my package out after I checked out and then called me to let me know she was able. This property truly knows the meaning of Guest Service!! thank you so much to all!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is a great hotel, we really enjoyed our stay. It was convenient to downtown Charleston and Patriots Point. The girls loved the pool in the evening after a hot day out. We found the Town Center type mall a short drive from the hotel and went out there for dinner and even to the movies while it rained. Be sure and go the the breakfast buffet the made to order omlets are the best! Next time I will bring what we need to make smores in the firepit!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This is a newer hotel. My husband and I stayed here for one night and we were both impressed with it. As always, photos on marriott's website are completely accurate. There is a very nice pool/social/fire pit area outside! Hotel has a bar, nice rooms, and is at a decent location. You have to travel a few minutes to get into Charleston, BUT the parking here is free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We had a very nice stay at this Courtyard for a quick jaunt down from Raleigh. Having been to Charleston a few times before, I didn't feel the need to stay in downtown Charleston. Having a pool was also an important part of the relaxation we wanted for this trip.
Our room was very spacious. We had a couch and a 32 inch flat panel with multiple HD channels. There was also a fridge in the room. The bathroom was pretty standard. Our room was on the second floor and had a nice view of the pool and hot tub.
We just stayed one night but got good use out of the pool on Sat. afternoon. We went to a nice dinner in Mt. P that night and came back to hang out. After my wife went to bed, I went down to sit by the fire pit they had in the courtyard to enjoy one of the few nights we've had with no humidity this summer. I ended up striking up a conversation with another guest and chatted for over an hour.
The only downside was that you could hear the ladies yelling housekeeping the next morning. To be fair this started about 9:30am when checkout was 11am so most people would probably be up by then on a Sunday morning.
We didn't try the breakfast the next day because we wanted to try breakfast downtown at Poogan's Porch (see my review of the restaurant there.) I would definitely stay at this property again. The location was great. Mt. P has some great places to eat and hang out. The drive to Charleston was 10 minutes and the drive to Sullivan's Island beach was about the same. Give this one a try!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple