“Beautiful hotel a short drive from downtown Charleston.”

Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This hotel has beautiful guestrooms and common areas. The pool and patio are lovely and clean. From the maps and reviews, I thought this hotel was in a remote (incovenient) location, but I think this location is perfect for anyone who wants to stay in a luxurious hotel near historic Charleston without paying the hefty rates. I think it was about 12 minutes from downtown. Breakfast was not free, but ran about $8-12 and was very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Hotel is right along a busy section of route 17 so we asked for a room more away from the road so did not hear any road noise at night. Looks like a relatively new place. Room had a nice flat screen and room was very clean and in excellent shape. While the room did have a thermostat the a/c unit was one build into wall and not central so when it was operating you certainly knew it!!! Bed was fine but even though we tried the several pillows in the room we could not find any to our liking.

Hotel has place for breakfast but we did not try. Price was certainly better here than staying in Charleston but traffic was heavy most of the time and coming back from the city in the afternoon the traffic was backed up the bridge. We might try again but our first choice would be staying in the city if we could get a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I just returned from a stay here while on a business trip to S.C, and for the price I was happy. It was about minutes to good restaurants and bars. The beaches are close.The staff is friendly and professional, the rooms are well extremely kept, and they provide a great selection of toiletries. Their "fitness center" was great although I didn't get to try it out lots of equipment. This is a hotel that truly fits the Brand. I didn't want to leave.

I'll stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank xmasbux
Reviewed September 1, 2009

The hotel was beautiful it was about 5 miles from Charleston Historic Distirct so location was great. Restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. I was a bit disappointed that ther estaurant was only open for breakfast. There were however several restaurants on the same street. Sheets and comforter on bed really wrinkled not very neat at all but clean.

Upon arrival we present our debit card as we have done in hotels all over the world and to our surprise our card was immediately charged for the full stay plus an additonal charge for incidentals. This charge was immediately debited from our account. We were then charged the actual cost of the stay at check out which was also immediately taken from our account. According to the bank these charges could be there anywhere from 3-5 days. Fortunately we had the extra cash in the account to cover this as well as other things we did on vacation. Especially since this was not mentioned when we booked the hotel on the internet. There was also the challenge of having to remind them that they were not charging me the rate I was promised via the internet for booking early. The young lady at check out promptly removed the additional charges even though I had gone over these rate withthe clerk at check In.

On that Saturday night my husband went and sat in the library to read while I got some sleep as the designated driver the next day for our 5 hour trip home. He took his bag with his reading materials to the car upon returning he was questioned by the front desk clerk as to what room he was in , was he a guest , did he have a room key. Mind you we had been in the hotel for the last 3 days and very visible. We both also sat in the library the night before with the same clerk standing behind us as we watched television. This was an insult and really upset my husband because of the manner in which it was done. The clerk then tells him well I am doing this for your protection. I guess he was the only one with this standard since we had walked pas tthe front desk 2-3 times a day each day without a word being said.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My family and I booked a last minute trip to Charleston. We stayed at Wild Dunes our first 4 nights but needed an extra night in Mt Pleasant so we booked the Courtyard.

Our room was very clean, big, had two comfortable queen beds, a desk, flat panel TV, and high ceilings. The lobby and other public areas were very clean and nice looking.

One downside was some minor TV noise through one wall but all in all an excellent value if you are looking for good sleeping accommodations in Mt Pleasant, SC.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Spent a five night, Fourth of July holiday here and couldn't have been more pleased. After pecking my keyboard endlessly to find a decent property on or near the beaches AND use my Marriott points - I finally "settled" on the Courtyard in Mt. Pleasant. It was a very pleasant experience.

Not only could I use my points during a busy holiday - but I got a fifth night free. Reservations were smooth, check in was zero hassle.
Room was excellent. New, and kept new looking.
We had two queen beds (not our preference but OK anyway) which were very comfortable. Slept well every night.
Room stayed nice and cool each night. Housekeeping didn't bust our door down at 7 a.m. every morning. I'd suggest trying to get a third floor room. Ours was on the second floor and you could sometimes hear folks above stomping around their room. And the ceiling would squeak a little when they did. But surrounding walls were not paper thin as in other properties.

Oh yeah - free internet access!

They had a nice outdoor pool with a separate hot tub. And a fire-pit with chairs/benches. Great place to sip a cocktail at night. Bring plenty of cash, though. A margarita on the rocks cost us $7.00 in a plactic cup. Oh well...

Best part of this: Location, Location, Location! Right of U.S. Hwy. 17. 10-15 mins. from anywhere we really wanted to go - beaches, downtown, great area restaurants, shopping, etc.

We'll definitely stay there every time we go to Charleston.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Clean, comfortable room. Front desk guy was nice-ish. Good location. Decent price. For around the same price some other hotels include breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family