There are several reasons this hotel was not a positive experience:
1. It's in the boonies by a highway. Nothing is nearby. It's a $30 cab ride to Charleston.
2. A staff member called us a cab to Shem Creek. The cabbie scammed us. Beware: apparently unscrupulous cabbies are a major problem in here and in Charleston. Shem Creek is, according to all other cabbies, about a $13 ride. He charged us $18. The hotel did not take any responsibility beyond making an apology.
3. Someone set the in-room alarm for 3 a.m. This had to be turned to the 'on' position to work. Even if a previous tenant had set it for their stay, it would have gone off and they'd have shut it off.
This place is very far from Charleston. The nine miles is an expensive cab ride.
It's clean and decent but unless you have business in Mount Pleasant, skip it. This is certainly not a vacation hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott, Mt. Pleasant's newest hotel provides a sanctuary for guests. Offering luxurious bedding, 32 inch flat screen televisions with connectivity panels and state of the art meeting facilities. Featuring a library and lobby bar with a charming courtyard, pool and fire pit. Convenient to historic downtown, beaches, shopping and golf. Courtyard, it's a new stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Charleston-Mount Pleasant Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Courtyard Mount Pleasant
- Courtyard Charleston Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Marriott
- Mount Pleasant Courtyard